• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

23 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Ward with another multiple hit game today (3/4).

One guy that I'm keeping an eye on this season is Gatto, I still believe that he's young enough to figure some stuff out and to continue to improve from next season.  

Ward looks great.  Very comfortable at the plate. Swinging the bat with a sense of confidence, and also maybe a chip on his shoulder.

I like Gatto. He throws hard, is durable and can pound the zone. His fastball doesn't move much though, and he has a habit of leaving it up in the zone. 

Here's his scouting report.

https://www.google.com/amp/thesportsdaily.com/2017/11/27/angelswin-top-30-prospects-29-rhp-joe-gatto/amp/

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

I usually get to watch our Inland Empire team when they play the Hooks and the Giants. So only like twice a year. The AAA team I watch whenever they play the Rivercats. And for Mobile and Burlington, thank God for MILB.tv.

Ever tried making the Modesto run? It's only about an hour drive from the San Fran/Sacramento area. 

11 hours ago, oater said:

Nice start tonight for Gatto.  4 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 7 SO.

I have always held out hope Gatto would turn into something. I’ve never personally scouted or seen him, but he is young and has a live arm. Just concerned that I have heard his fastball is pretty straight. Hope I have heard wrong or he can either work around that or learn to add some late life to the fastball somehow. 

40 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Herm has a nice line through five games so far: .316/.409/.421.  That OBP is largely due to two HBP, but so what. At the very least he's going to be a great 4th outfielder.

and because of his speed and ability to play all three OF spots, I'm guessing we'll see him replace Chris Young at some point this season.

I'm not sure how much SB speed CY still has in his legs. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

and because of his speed and ability to play all three OF spots, I'm guessing we'll see him replace Chris Young at some point this season.

I'm not sure how much SB speed CY still has in his legs. 

I think Scioscia prefers his reserves to be MLB vets. I think it's a clubhouse culture thing. Despite Herm being the best fit for the spot, I think Young Jr., or Revere would get an opportunity first. 

5 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Not yet, but it's closer than San Jose. Straight shot down the 99.

They are in Modesto the 24-26th. If I haven't started back at work I may make the drive up there to catch the series. It will clear one more minor league stadium off my list. Maybe we can catch a game and see Canning in action and check off those questions you had.

32 minutes ago, Blarg said:

They are in Modesto the 24-26th. If I haven't started back at work I may make the drive up there to catch the series. It will clear one more minor league stadium off my list. Maybe we can catch a game and see Canning in action and check off those questions you had.

I live three hours north. Week day games aren't an option. Otherwise, yeah I'd love to!

Where those questions Scotty wanted me to answer. Ahhh, screw it, play ball!

First pitch tonight swinging strike on a fastball, two pitches later batterswings in vain at a slider well off the plate for the first out.

Edited by Blarg

66ers play the shift on left hand hitting Rizzo and he still scorched a grounder through the right side.

Radar gun is still wonky tonight. Posting the catcher return throw instead of the pitch. When it is working I'm seeing fastballs recording 90 mph. Curve is at 75. I'm guessing his slider is around 84. 

The Nuts are waiting fastball because it looks pretty flat. His delivery has a noticeable difference between fastball and curve. The curve is a much slower forward motion. 

Slider is up in the zone. Not much downward motion from there but he has placed a few starting thigh high that have shown movement.

But he is definitely laboring and over throwing just to touch 90. The Nuts pushed 3 runs across, pretty ugly. 

Edited by Blarg

About 49 mph.

Salazar in relief was mowing down the Nuts all the way up until Taylor blasted a home run off the top of the right field wall that bounced back on to the field because of the netting.

After the soft tossing Manoah, the Nuts are starting to catch up to Salazar's 95 mph sinking fastball. He has a little bunny hop in his left foot on delivery when he is ratcheting up the power. 

Ok the radar gun is whack, it just showed 100 mph. It quit registering for a while the posts that doozy. It didn't look like 100. More like 92. 

Salazar is gone after 2-2/3rds relief. 2 hits, HR, 1 ER 4k. 

In relief of Salazer is gangly Halbohn. He is all arms and legs and has so many moving parts in his delivery but half look a little off their track. Effective curve that is interrupted by a mediocre 89 mph (if you can believe this radar gun) fastball. He got the final out from a batter that probably wondered if one of his knees would protrude through the uniform or if a knuckle would actually be part of the ball as it crosses home plate.