• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Mitchell Traver - 5ip, 1h, 0er, 0bb, 5k.  6'7", 255lbs, RHer from the 2017 draft (20th round).  Surgery for TOS and TJ during his career at TCU.  Threw 74 innings in college as a result with 81k and a 3.63 era.  Mostly low 90's but can touch mid 90's.  Originally projected to go somewhere around the 5th round.  Top 100 ranked out of HS.  KATOH of 179.  23 years old in A ball, but watch out for this guy.  

Halbohn managed to use smoke, mirrors, flying elbows, wiggling ankles and 6'8" of intimidation to strike out the Nuts in the 7th. Three up and three down wondering how his cobra like powers could freeze them into watching 88 mph fastballs go by. 

I think I'm one of the few that didn't write him off, simply because of how much better he looked last year before injury, but after demotion.

I think a great deal of his success and failure can be attributed to what's going on between the ears. He slumps and nosedives. He hits and is setting the world on fire. 

And defensively, he's always been solid. Great instincts, good arm, quick release, good hands and average range. But like Aybar when he was young, it's important for Roberto to focus, not rush.

Also, I can't believe I never thought of referring to him as Bobby B. 

I think we'll see him in AA and maybe even AAA this year. If he truly has turned the corner, he could seriously challenge Fletcher for the utility infielder spot.

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im new to this thread. Didnt wven know where to find it.

How far off do you guys think jones is? 2020?

probably hits AA this year then AA/AAA next year with a Sept call up.  That probably is based on normal progression for someone his age.  

But here's the caveat.  He started really slow last year with a .549 ops in his first 32 games.  Then over the rest of the season 95g and 438 PA, he had an .874 ops between A/A+ as a 19 year old.  He's also starting a new position which complicates things.  

AA separates the prospects from the suspects, and the current Mobile team doesn't really have anyone blocking him at 2b.  So a hot start and solid/improving defense might get him there after about 100 ab.  If he does well at AA then all bets are off as a 20yo .850 ops 2bman at that level is on the verge of being a major leaguer.  Likely best case though, is a May/June call up in 2019 to preserve service time.  

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

SLC bees hit 5 hrs tonight. 

Lamb with 4ip, 1h, 0er, 0bb, 3k. 

Morris with 3k in 1.1 scoreless

Jankowski (new addition today) - 1ip, 1h, 2bb, 3k.  

The bees could be a bad major league team.  

So the Marlins.

Send them out to Japan, they'd probably be pretty competitive out there. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

probably hits AA this year then AA/AAA next year with a Sept call up.  That probably is based on normal progression for someone his age.  

But here's the caveat.  He started really slow last year with a .549 ops in his first 32 games.  Then over the rest of the season 95g and 438 PA, he had an .874 ops between A/A+ as a 19 year old.  He's also starting a new position which complicates things.  

AA separates the prospects from the suspects, and the current Mobile team doesn't really have anyone blocking him at 2b.  So a hot start and solid/improving defense might get him there after about 100 ab.  If he does well at AA then all bets are off as a 20yo .850 ops 2bman at that level is on the verge of being a major leaguer.  Likely best case though, is a May/June call up in 2019 to preserve service time.  

Watching him in the field for two games, he's a guy at second base but not a second baseman. I'm not sure he can suck up enough knowledge and experience to move on to AA this season. Of course, that's an impression after just two games in the first real week of play. 

He did get a $20 from me on the pass the hat for his home run. I've got to remember to bring smaller bills. 

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Is he only 20?

46 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

How's his velocity? 

I asked Kiley McDaniel his thoughts on Canning and he thinks he's now a top 100 guy.

Unfortunately I can't see the game, so I'm not sure how his stuff looks, but the final line looks fantastic.  A few more games like this and we might see him promoted to AA, as hi-A looks too easy for him.