• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are lowering the right field fence to 8ft

Spirit

8 minutes ago, artesmustache said:

glad theyre doing this, the big a is (was) a graveyard for lefties. anyone know how they're differentiating the wall? please tell me the painted yellow line was a joke. this is going to cause more replays if so. i hope they have a way to separate whats in play and whats a home run. the stadium is already cheesy enough.

It's not a joke. DWfwj34UMAA0Qbc.jpg

Not a fan of the yellow line. The Angels need to be better than that. 

But, I think it just turned Calhoun from a 15-20 HR hitter to 20-25. It'll completely change the way our RF's play defense though. Instead of playing the bounce from the wall, they'll play deeper against it, trying to rob the HR.

Waiting until now to do this probably cost Garrett Anderson a lot of money. Instead of leading the league in doubles he may have hit 40 HRs.

I wonder what effect it will actually have. This may be a big advantage to right handed hitters. No chance for an opposite field HR before. Now it may be possible. How many singles off the wall has Pujols had the last few seasons?

I wonder if this is just a one-year stopgap until they either remove a row or three (thus creating an actual space between the wall and seating) or simply move the fencing up a couple feet, again, creating an actual separation. 

Wouldn't surprise me if some major renovations are in the works for the next year or two as the ballpark lease comes to a conclusion. Maybe a restaurant replacing the rocks, or something in CF, or even a major right-field renovation with a field level facing bar/restaurant and seating remaining on top.