• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are lowering the right field fence to 8ft

Spirit

Love this.  

Do you think they'd have done this if the number didn't support it?  

I've always thought the RF wall height was lame.  Never understood the crazy discrepancy.  Now it's likely a neutral run scoring environment.  In 2017, RF  was the lowest in baseball at 0.82.  

Next closest was wrigley at 0.84 (never would have thought that), then  petco at 0.85, and then ATT at 0.88.  

Give lefties a chance. 

BTW, from Trout's spray chart (calm down tdawg), he'd have had about 20 more hrs in his career.  

22 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Love this.  

Do you think they'd have done this if the number didn't support it?  

I've always thought the RF wall height was lame.  Never understood the crazy discrepancy.  Now it's likely a neutral run scoring environment.  In 2017, RF  was the lowest in baseball at 0.82.  

Next closest was wrigley at 0.84 (never would have thought that), then  petco at 0.85, and then ATT at 0.88.  

Give lefties a chance. 

BTW, from Trout's spray chart (calm down tdawg), he'd have had about 20 more hrs in his career.  

I have a hard time seeing how the numbers could work out... We have a right handed heavy lineup, and pitching staff. It also seems like a split decision, based on a recent change...

31 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I have a hard time seeing how the numbers could work out... We have a right handed heavy lineup, and pitching staff. It also seems like a split decision, based on a recent change...

everyone is assuming this move only helps LHers.  we were neutral for hrs to RF.  This is actually going to improve things for our RHed bats too.  

This will help Albert more than any other player on the team.  

5 hours ago, artesmustache said:

the stadium sucks the way it's currently configured and we are stuck with it for a minimum of 12 more years. the right field seating is some of the worse value in mlb. ALL of right field is obstructed view...now you get the excitement of having a ball hit off the wall you can't see in the first place and now can stare at the lard ass ump to see if its an hr or double (or 9-3 put out if pujols is hitting). 

Sounds like you could use a day away from the keyboard, amigo.

19 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

everyone is assuming this move only helps LHers.  we were neutral for hrs to RF.  This is actually going to improve things for our RHed bats too.  

Well yes since he is the only guy on the team where this will turn singles into homers.

25 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

It helps everyone. The question is who will it help more. I just don't see it...

29 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It helps everyone. The question is who will it help more. I just don't see it...

It's likely that it works out neutral.  But I think it's kinda fun.  more offense is fine by me.  

I still think this was calculated.  

Interesting thought that is probably BS?  Pujols probably doesn't decline at near the rate he has if the oppo hr was available to him.  digest that and see what comes out.  

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

For those of you old enough to remember the previous incarnation of right field, it was similar, though also shitty.

19930706%20Angel%20Stadium%20-%20right%2

I was reminiscing about old right field with a couple of my coworkers today. We were wondering if the old orange football seats are still buried under there collecting dust. 

BTW I love this shot. The replica Big A is above the stands in left field (collapsed during the Northridge quake) and we see a glimpse of the Marlboro Man. I had forgotten that LF screen had color for a short period of time before it shattered against 15 rows of view level seats. 

fa_1099_0117anaheimstadium970.jpg

Edited by LHalo

I honestly don’t mind the shorter fence given the way this team has had the tendency to struggle offensively over long streaks in recent years. 

Given that it helps the opposition as well and this lineup is packed full of RH hitters. But I agree that it will balance out over the whole year. I welcome the extra offense as it makes the games more exciting imo.

I agree that the line is a little hokey and very anti-climactic. I’d almost rather have a dodger stadium like right field with a short wall and a gap to the stands. 

Either way I welcome the extra offense that this will bring. This stadium has been a graveyard for lefties for way too long.