• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are lowering the right field fence to 8ft

Spirit

3 minutes ago, Aaronkv said:

Petco's is deceiving from the picture with all the buildings around it. It's 7500sf, the new Angel Stadium one is 9500sf.

Not the end of the world, I'm sure when they show replays or other in-between AB stuff it'll be full screen. Plus I could care less for the most part, I'm not there to watch the screen. Nice for replays being able to actually see though.

Not deceiving so much as they are just shaped differently...  The Petco one is taller -- Angels one is wider...   So while there may not be a huge difference in the overall square footage, it's just a case of it being spread out differently.   At the end of the day -- you're right, it likely won't make a difference.

14 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

God i miss Petco park ... have to head down there for at least a weekend set this season. By far the best stadium in baseball imo.

Definitely going to a couple of the Angels games, too bad they're during the week for most. Easier for me being in North County. I do need to make it down there more often though.

Not sure if this will help Calhoun or help Calhoun. I would like to see the 2016 Calhoun over the 2015 or 2017 version of Calhoun. The right field wall being lowered could make Calhoun trying to do too much and he's not a 30-40 home run guy. He's way better when he uses the whole field and not try to hit home runs every single times up, like he did in 2016.

But I know Trout will benefit from the right field wall being lower. Can say that about any year, so I'll try Trout's season as an example. I didn't like the 2014 version of Trout that much, even though he won his first MVP that year but he would have had better numbers, especially in home runs, slugging percentage, and OPS. He would have had at least 4 more home runs that year, which would have given him 40 homers, instead of 36. But he still tried to go for home runs a little bit too much that year, even though his slugging percentage would have gone from .561 to .571, assuming that I didn't miss another balls that he hit high off the right field wall at Angels Stadium. And his OPS would have gone from .939 to .949. Numbers would have looked better, that's for sure!