• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We got him! Ohtani selects the Angels

Mark68

My Dodger friends (who are fellow Kings fans with me) a few days ago on social media... "Ohtani might be the final piece of the puzzle for us to finally win a WS!"

Today they're all like, "Yawn. He's going to be a bust."

So I can't help but poke fun at them now. Way to go Halos! Now please fire Scioscia and we'll be set.

Just one more reason for the rest of the entire league, and their fans to hate us. We're now, without a doubt, MLB's unwanted stepchild. 

FU*K 'EM! WE DON'T NEED 'EM!

This news has absolutely made my day, and has absolutely cheered my offseason up until the 2018 season begins. 

Wow. Just wow. Nobody, absolutely nobody, can believe that he'd skip the doyers or stankees. 

Did anybody else hear why he chose the Angels? Word on the street was we were the team he talked to that felt less like a "business" and more like a (just paraphrasing) "team and place he wanted to be a part of and grow with." Those kind of intangibles are valuable, and for some guys, no amount of money is going to make them miss an opportunity to be a part of something like the Angels apparently do with their players. 

I've already heard so many people talking shit on the Angels and Ohtani, a COMPLETE 180 from all the high praise and talk in the past month or so. 

I'd expect all the sports radio and TV shows to just gloss over this signing, pretty much like they do with any kind of Angel news. 

In a lot of ways this is perhaps the greatest moment in the clubs history.  Other then winning the World Series.  The Angels literally beat every other team in the league.  Including the Dodgers who are let’s face it a huge rival for the Angels in terms of competition for attention.  This at a time when they are at the peak of their powers in the last 30 years.  Massive clubs like the Yankees and Cubs also.  It’s just an unbelievable coup for the franchise.  

The Angels are going to get massive marketing attention and dollars for this.  Great additional attention generally.  On the field we got a young elite talent for the prime of his career for pennies on the dollar.  It’s incredible.  So exciting to be Angels fan today.  I just hope he lives up to the hype.  Im confident that we got an elite pitcher but I’m a bit more tempered in my expectations with the hitting.  If it doesn’t work out and he’s a great pitcher.  That’s fine. 

Now let’s see what else is gonna go down this off season.  I have a feeling we aren’t done yet !!!

Edited by UndertheHalo

Im still in wait and see mode. I really have a hard time thinking he'll be able to hit MLB pitching off the bat (no pun intended), especially part time. And we still dont know how good of a pitcher he will be.

To me, genius of it is the low risk. If he is at best a #3 pitcher, were still paying him less than that. There is ZERO downside here, a ton of upside, and worst case scenario doesnt hurt us.

Good job front office...

Wow...I just heard the news (yeah, I live in the sticks and am not tied to my cellphone) I went to plug in my phone and got the alerts.

I'm still in shock..OMG.

Is it true??

Next thing they are going to tell me is that Pujols is retiring and giving back his contract money so the Halos can get Stanton?

• Chuck featured this topic