• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We got him! Ohtani selects the Angels

Mark68

8 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Soooo does Ohtani really think the Angels are going to make their only good pitcher their regular DH?

He won't be their regular DH.  He will split with Albert.  Ohtani won't DH the day before, the day of, and the day after he pitches.  Albert will DH on those days, and play 1B when Ohtani DHs.

12 minutes ago, laagamer said:

This kid has great stuff on the mound. Anything he does at the plate is a bonus.

Let's teach him some better control and let him rock. 

I nust spent the last 20 mins or so reading scouting articles on him. Pitching wise, sounds like there is a lot to be excited about.

The bat is up for debate....i wonder if he struggles, how long does the 2 way player thing last? If he doesnt hit anything special, but still "demands" to hit, it creates a roster problem, IMO. 

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im sure for 2018, hes "the" DH. But I wonder if he doesnt hit enough, if that changes at all. 

What interesting is if his bat shows a lot of promise but clearly needs some work. Most guys his age would get sent down to work on the bat, but with his arm you know they won't be doing that. It's really sink or swim with the bat unless he also struggles with the pitching.

Am I the only one that's pretty skeptical about him at the plate though? Every fiber of my being is telling me, "Pitchers can't hit." I've been watching this game my entire life and it simply doesn't happen.

I guess, either way, it'll be interesting to watch.

EDIT: One thing that's interesting is if you check out the 22 minute video of his 2016 season, he shows the ability to hit the ball to the opposite field. Not just the ability to get the ball through the infield, but power to go along with it. That's true ability at the plate. Very encouraging. 

11 hours ago, totdprods said:

Is that a Cowgill sighting? Who is the first guy on left, and who is between Heaney and Shoe?

Mike Piazza, his roommate coming up through the Angels org on the far left. They're still best buds. 

Piazza attended our fanfest back in 2012 when we had Arte Moreno speak. Piazza had to leave a little early but he told me "Chuck I have someone I want you to meet before I leave, follow me."

It was Mike Trout in his brand new truck. We spoke for 2-3 minutes, you know, small talk, the weather of course. But I got to shake his hand and tell him how blessed the Angels are to have him in our org and how excited we all were to see his minor league progression to the big leagues. Special moment on what was an absolute amazing evening as Arte had our Mic for 45 min on stage.