• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good restaurants that get little fanfare

The regional chain Black Bear Diner is terrific. They started with one location in northern California and have spread all over the west. I first ate at one in Reno about five years ago, and I saw on the menu that they have locations here (now three of them). Their chicken fried steak is incredible, and they have the best spicy sausage patties that I have eaten anywhere. The turkey platter is one of my go-to dishes there. Lots of different burgers, too.

42 minutes ago, red321 said:

mas Islamic in Anaheim/Fullerton

best Chinese food in the county. 

Zait and Zatar on Brookhurst near the 5. hummus and shawarma that is out of this world. 

The Islamic place on Orangethorpe? My wife, kids and my older brother love that place. I can't get over how gross the carpets were from people who slopped food all over the place. 

Crimson on Ocean Park Blvd in Santa Monica is my escape the office for an over long lunch of Mediterranean food on the patio. The chicken is always so juicy and tender with just the right seasoning. 

39 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The regional chain Black Bear Diner is terrific. They started with one location in northern California and have spread all over the west. I first ate at one in Reno about five years ago, and I saw on the menu that they have locations here (now three of them). Their chicken fried steak is incredible, and they have the best spicy sausage patties that I have eaten anywhere. The turkey platter is one of my go-to dishes there. Lots of different burgers, too.

We made a stop in Bakersfield on the way back from Central Cal and enjoyed it a lot. My wife decided we could share a bread pudding and surprisingly she loved it.

Went to the one in Buena Park a whike ago when it had opened up. Not the same place at all. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

We made a stop in Bakersfield on the way back from Central Cal and enjoyed it a lot. My wife decided we could share a bread pudding and surprisingly she loved it.

Went to the one in Buena Park a whike ago when it had opened up. Not the same place at all. 

Might need to give them a while to settle in. Places often aren't totally up to snuff when they first open.

Went back, didn't change. I think they need the front office to step in.

Went to a Cracker Barrel in Arkansas and it was much better than the one in Tempe. Same with The Original Pancake House. The one in Minnesota was great, Laguna Hills crappy service and none of the same quality.

Edited by Blarg

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

We have one here in Bullhead City, AZ. Very large portions and always packed. Good food every time we have eaten there.

A local place off the beaten path, for those who travel to Las Vegas: Carlito's Burritos on Sunset. Not quite your standard Mexican place, but rather New Mexico food. Some friends who are originally from NM put us onto this place. The food is excellent, family owned and operated place. In addition to numerous soft drinks (they have one of those big drink mixing machines), they also have horchata and other Mexican drinks.

It's not all that far from McCarran Airport. Planes pass directly overhead.

5 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Their breakfasts are good and their pies are fantastic.

15 hours ago, red321 said:

mas Islamic in Anaheim/Fullerton

best Chinese food in the county. 

Zait and Zatar on Brookhurst near the 5. hummus and shawarma that is out of this world. 

If I lived in that area I would eat at Zankou at least once a week. 

16 hours ago, Blarg said:

The Islamic place on Orangethorpe? My wife, kids and my older brother love that place. I can't get over how gross the carpets were from people who slopped food all over the place. 

Crimson on Ocean Park Blvd in Santa Monica is my escape the office for an over long lunch of Mediterranean food on the patio. The chicken is always so juicy and tender with just the right seasoning. 

I ask for a table instead of floor seating