• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good restaurants that get little fanfare

7 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

El Ranchito in La Habra, on Beach. Their flour tortilla chips are amazing.

El farolito in placentia isnt underrated, it always has a line. But i think its mostly locals. I doubt people from out of the area know about it 

El farolito is well known. My family has gone there for 30 some odd years.  They have multiple locations. One...Raymond and the 91. I think it’s Raymond. It’s ok.  It not as good as the placentia location. They also have one in downtown Fullerton which kinda sucks. I was excited when they opened it, close to home, but was sorely disappointed. 

19 hours ago, red321 said:

El farolito is well known. My family has gone there for 30 some odd years.  They have multiple locations. One...Raymond and the 91. I think it’s Raymond. It’s ok.  It not as good as the placentia location. They also have one in downtown Fullerton which kinda sucks. I was excited when they opened it, close to home, but was sorely disappointed. 

I think the one on Raymond is unrelated. That said they have hands down the best al pastor tacos anywhere. Stop by when they open up to taco stand at 6.

On 11/25/2017 at 12:36 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Aanyone been to the olde ship in fullerton? I was sesrching for a place i could get irish food a fee days ago, and foubd it (with the dish i was looking for). But no idea if the restaraunt is any good or not 

Highly recommend! My family has been going there for ages. Always make sure to swing by every time I’m in OC. Was there three weeks ago. and was there a couple days ago. Love that spot.  It’s an English pub though, not Irish. 

On 11/24/2017 at 8:16 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Best burrito in LA is at Cactus on Vine... there are a few others but this location seems to be something special (I've seen the owner here in the kitchen a couple of times).

Is that the one that looks like a hole in the wall taco stand?  I think it's called Cactus Taqueria?   I've driven by it hundreds of times, but never thought to stop.  I'll have to give it a shot.  Anything in particular is worth trying?

11 hours ago, LHalo said:

Is Ho Sum Bistro ever going to reopen? I've been craving a salad from that place for over a f***ing year now. 

yes...the owner of Ho Sum Bistro and I tested for our blackbelts together a few years ago. Great guy. When I saw him a few months ago he said they were close to reopening. Little surprised actually, I thought he said it was a matter of weeks.

23 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Is that the one that looks like a hole in the wall taco stand?  I think it's called Cactus Taqueria?   I've driven by it hundreds of times, but never thought to stop.  I'll have to give it a shot.  Anything in particular is worth trying?

Total hole in the wall, cash only with a tagged up atm outside around the corner. Its at the corner of a small strip mall with a mexican market in it.

I usually order a carne aside burrito with sour cream and guacamole.

On 11/23/2017 at 5:56 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The regional chain Black Bear Diner is terrific. They started with one location in northern California and have spread all over the west. I first ate at one in Reno about five years ago, and I saw on the menu that they have locations here (now three of them). Their chicken fried steak is incredible, and they have the best spicy sausage patties that I have eaten anywhere. The turkey platter is one of my go-to dishes there. Lots of different burgers, too.

They put one by my house. That location is in Buena Park. 

Paul’s Place locations in Stanton, Los Al, Anaheim (maybe one more ?) - chicken sandwich or chicken salad anytime I go. 

Gourmet Pie (cypress) breakfast is good and they have a great happy hour 

Mad Greek in Stanton. Gyro and fries most of the time I go , but they also have a solid Greek salad and roasted chicken 

On 11/23/2017 at 5:48 PM, red321 said:

mas Islamic in Anaheim/Fullerton

best Chinese food in the county. 

Zait and Zatar on Brookhurst near the 5. hummus and shawarma that is out of this world. 

Olive Tree down the road from there is really good. I liked the previous shanty-town like location better but the food mostly remains the same.