• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good restaurants that get little fanfare

On 11/26/2017 at 9:09 PM, LHalo said:

Hey @mrwicked, if you want to eat some good sushi off the beaten path check out my buddy's place Sushi Bistro off 6th and Balboa up in the Richmond District. You'll love the food and the reggae soundtrack. 

thanks for the recommendation, ill check it out! always looking for good local sushi joints.

On 11/23/2017 at 7:28 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

A local place off the beaten path, for those who travel to Las Vegas: Carlito's Burritos on Sunset. Not quite your standard Mexican place, but rather New Mexico food. Some friends who are originally from NM put us onto this place. The food is excellent, family owned and operated place. In addition to numerous soft drinks (they have one of those big drink mixing machines), they also have horchata and other Mexican drinks.

It's not all that far from McCarran Airport. Planes pass directly overhead.

Eating here as I type. Good recommendation. The burritos are tasty. Had the pork smothered in a red sauce loaded it with a bunch of stuff. 2 burritos a taco chips and guacamole with a beer came out to $33 so price wasn't bad either. It's about 15-20 minutes from the strip. 

1 hour ago, JAHV76 said:

El tepeyac is solid.

I don’t make it out to LA much, but have been going to the Comedy Store a ton. I usually try to hit this up or Philippe’s.

I like just dropping the name because all my Mexican friends always have the same look and say, “How does the wedo know about this spot?”

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I don’t make it out to LA much, but have been going to the Comedy Store a ton. I usually try to hit this up or Philippe’s.

I like just dropping the name because all my Mexican friends always have the same look and say, “How does the wedo know about this spot?”

I'm definitely not a place to take people to who get sketched out over the surroundings 

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The regional chain Black Bear Diner is terrific. They started with one location in northern California and have spread all over the west. I first ate at one in Reno about five years ago, and I saw on the menu that they have locations here (now three of them). Their chicken fried steak is incredible, and they have the best spicy sausage patties that I have eaten anywhere. The turkey platter is one of my go-to dishes there. Lots of different burgers, too.

Love it, have eaten at the Fullerton and Santa Maria locations.