• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Serious question about old board

Dtwncbad

2 hours ago, Merlot said:

Yeah, supposedly it was Charles.  I didn't see the thread that he did it on, but I guess it caught the eye of a moderator and MLB shut it down.  Charles was pretty crazy, probably a little mentally challenged.

Charles was pretty crazy but, come on, there have probably been worse threats than that on the MLB boards. I highly doubt MLB did it.

Arte was taking a real beating on that board, just before it disappeared;  without warning, I might add. Just poof, without warning or explanation? And only one board, out of 30? Doesnt sound like MLB's, well, MO.

But the MLB message boards have become difficult to find on many of the MLB sites. Where there used to be an obvious link, usually off the FANS menu, there is often no link. But they do exist. It often requires a Google search.

Lee had issues with every member on every message board, twice as many with women. @BaseballMom wanted to shove his keyboard down his throat. 

He was actively trolling every thread because he knew he could. One of the guys on the old MLB board convinced him to do an interview over at the bowling alley he frequented after his car accident, that nobody believed he was in. Turned out it was the first thing he hadn't lied about, the photo showed his face completely banged up and bruised. Of course it could have been his wife...

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

Lee had issues with every member on every message board, twice as many with women. @BaseballMom wanted to shove his keyboard down his throat. 

He was actively trolling every thread because he knew he could. One of the guys on the old MLB board convinced him to do an interview over at the bowling alley he frequented after his car accident, that nobody believed he was in. Turned out it was the first thing he hadn't lied about, the photo showed his face completely banged up and bruised. Of course it could have been his wife...

Or ....  BaseballMom?

21 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

I used that board 15 years and there were definitely a few people who had an agenda, even if it was just their own sense of self-importance.  My only regret about it’s closing is that a few didn’t find their way here.

Yeah, it's too bad so many good posters didn't come over here.

There are a couple I don't miss. lol

16 hours ago, Merlot said:

Yeah, supposedly it was Charles.  I didn't see the thread that he did it on, but I guess it caught the eye of a moderator and MLB shut it down.  Charles was pretty crazy, probably a little mentally challenged.

I believe Charles was indeed responsible for getting the Angels MLB board closed.

A poster there (I don't recall who) that had a friend/source with the Angels pretty much confirmed it in a post he made I believe on the Dodgers board where for a very short time there was a thread there about what happened.

There was no warning, one day it was just gone.

I could be wrong but that's how I remember it.

53 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

I used that board 15 years and there were definitely a few people who had an agenda, even if it was just their own sense of self-importance.  My only regret about it’s closing is that a few didn’t find their way here.

There were quite a few who did but just never got around to posting here. I call them lurkers.

1 hour ago, California Cajun said:

Thank God that isn't an issue here.  :rolleyes:

There was so much cynicism. . .I was pretty active for a long time and a few things changed for me (mostly got crazy busy at work) and instead of just disappearing I posted a "goodbye for now" post saying I was checking out.

Of course I looked at any reactions to the goodbye because that was kind of the point to interact with the people I had been talking baseball with for years. . .and I got blasted by a whole bunch of people calling my goodbye fake in an attempt to get attention.  Some pretty cutting nasty remarks.

Maybe others had done that but I was just politely signing off for the immediate future rather than just disappearing.  I think I was out for a couple years?  Not sure exactly but that reaction taught me a lot about the nature of message boards.

12 minutes ago, Billy_Ball said:

And he would send letters to Tim Mead.

Charles communicated a lot with Mead, he even went so far as to send Mead a plan to submit to the Angels front office on how to improve the team. (He posted the letter on the board)

What makes this funny is that Charles never played the game and had zero experience, yet he really thought he could get a job in the front office.

I wasn't one of the people that got annoyed with Charles, in fact, I thought he was pretty entertaining until near the end. By that time he'd been trolling just about every thread on the board and that did annoy me..because of that I'd had enough of him.