• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Serious question about old board

Dtwncbad

18 hours ago, Taylor said:

According to some here, Arte shut down the OMB because of people badmouthing his decisions, and then made up a story about a suicide to hide his real intentions.

Arte had no control over the message board it was owned and operated by MLB. The Angels website linked to it but that was all.

18 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Charles was pretty crazy but, come on, there have probably been worse threats than that on the MLB boards. I highly doubt MLB did it.

Arte was taking a real beating on that board, just before it disappeared;  without warning, I might add. Just poof, without warning or explanation? And only one board, out of 30? Doesnt sound like MLB's, well, MO.

Wake up, sheeple!!!

19 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

Ha!  That guy was great.

He was a fanboy of one of our more mediocre players at the time.  Quinlan maybe?

Edit:  It was yogurtpooh.  Taylor, you and I had almost this exact conversation about 6 months ago.

Haha, yep. He was annoying at first, and just seemed like a troll. But once you understood his shtick, he became entertaining.

He was a fanboy for Quinlan and detested Casey Kotchman.

50 minutes ago, Angelsfirst said:

Anyone know what ever happened to Victorious Ghost? One of my favorite posters on the old board. I think I saw him on this message board for a little while if I’m not mistaken. 

I hope he's OK. He posted on launch day of our new forum here back in Feb 2013. 

VG was a big contributor to our message board before this one. 

Where are you @Victorious Ghost?

VG.png

I always thought Justin was by far the most obnoxious. Worse than Lee or Charles. I felt Lee and Charles just had value systems that were way OUT there......but they were true to themselves.

Justin was the consummate troll. Post ANYTHING, just to get a reaction. And he had tons of time to do it, as I thought he was a young teenager or something. 

What did Justin post under? Probably several names. But he didnt just use Justin, did he?

Was baseball mom the one who was completely enamored with CJ Wilson and then when he turned to shit, she jumped ship to the Dodgers and became a fan of Puig?

33 minutes ago, Victorious Ghost said:

Hey kids! I appreciate the kind words and that you guys still remember me! It's weird...I was just thinking of AngelsWin about two days ago.

I'm alive and well and still stomping around the same area. My business really expanded over the last few years (which has been good and bad...you would think making more money would maker things easier, but not always). 

I'll follow up on this later tonight or over the weekend.  I hope everyone is well, although I don't think Lee is. 

Thanks again!

Good to hear you're doing well Vic.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Exileindc and thaisdad should have made it here, they were both cool.

Anyone remember glausistheman?

I misbehaved once way back when and did an imposter screen name for glauistheman.  I did glausisthaman or sometjing like that.  And then I played it straight with comments exactly like he would make.  It drove him so crazy cutting into threads with disclaimers that the last three comments were not him neither was the one 6 comments ago. . .

It was very juvenile of me but oh my God was it funny and entertaining.

The humor in it was the art of making the tge content of the post almost impossible to tell if it was him or not.

"PAAAPOOMMMMBBAAA!

36 minutes ago, Victorious Ghost said:

Hey kids! I appreciate the kind words and that you guys still remember me! It's weird...I was just thinking of AngelsWin about two days ago.

I'm alive and well and still stomping around the same area. My business really expanded over the last few years (which has been good and bad...you would think making more money would maker things easier, but not always). 

I'll follow up on this later tonight or over the weekend.  I hope everyone is well, although I don't think Lee is. 

Thanks again!

The ghost returns!

Holy shit! Dances with wolves came on the other day and you popped into my head.

"And there was nothing on the marker to explain to ms ansonia feathers why her only daughter had married william munny, a known thief and murderer.. "

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I misbehaved once way back when and did an imposter screen name for glauistheman.  I did glausisthaman or sometjing like that.  And then I played it straight with comments exactly like he would make.  It drove him so crazy cutting into threads with disclaimers that the last three comments were not him neither was the one 6 comments ago. . .

The humor in it was the art of making the tge content of the post almost impossible to tell if it was him or not.

"PAAAPOOMMMMBBAAA!

That sounds really familiar, lol

11 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

"PAAAPOOMMMMBBAAA!

I remember this, you sly dog.