• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Serious question about old board

Dtwncbad

Reading some of this sh*1 is a riot. It's great to see so many old timers stuck around. 

So how is everyone?

ALF? Scout? Blarg? Chuck?

I have to be honest. I have watched maybe a dozen Angels games in the last few years and I refuse to Facebook or Tweet (even once) and haven't been on a massage (or message) board since the post from 2013. So just like Uhura when Nomad wiped out all her memories, I'm going to need to be retrained. Doctor McCoy and Lee are both dead, so that leaves it to you guys.

14 minutes ago, Victorious Ghost said:

Reading some of this sh*1 is a riot. It's great to see so many old timers stuck around. 

So how is everyone?

I have to be honest. I have watched maybe a dozen Angels games in the last few years and I refuse to Facebook or Tweet (even once) and haven't been on a massage (or message) board since the post from 2013. So just like Uhura when Nomad wiped out all her memories, I'm going to need to be retrained. Doctor McCoy and Lee are both dead, so that leaves it to you guys.

holy crap, it's VG! how are you, man? still cutting your own hair and finding unusual & mysterious sea animal shapes in the clouds above your house?

hope you'll be able to spend some more time with us here. you've been missed.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

holy crap, it's VG! how are you, man? still cutting your own hair and finding unusual & mysterious sea animal shapes in the clouds above your house?

hope you'll be able to spend some more time with us here. you've been missed.

LMAO! Hey Tank! I just tried to cut my hair again three weeks ago after buying a new electric shaver. Not kidding! Same result as before and I ended up having to get it "repaired" at Supercuts after employees at one of my clients roasted me mercilessly. Basically, I ended up with a #1 haircut.

I guess some things never change. Great to see you guys again!

1 minute ago, Victorious Ghost said:

LMAO! Hey Tank! I just tried to cut my hair again three weeks ago after buying a new electric shaver. Not kidding! Same result as before and I ended up having to get it "repaired" at Supercuts after employees at one of my clients roasted me mercilessly. Basically, I ended up with a #1 haircut.

"So....you just use your hand?"

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

I always thought Justin was by far the most obnoxious. Worse than Lee or Charles. I felt Lee and Charles just had value systems that were way OUT there......but they were true to themselves.

Charles applied to be the GM, and created his own sabermetric system and sent it to Tim Mead and others.

He also designed a water catching system and presented it at a Brea city council meeting. He posted it on his Facebook page.

He was a character, his one claim to fame was he was a big promoter of Shoemaker before his big season in 2014. He thought based on that one successful prediction he was the new Billy Bean.

He never made it over here I guess.

3 hours ago, Victorious Ghost said:

Hey kids! I appreciate the kind words and that you guys still remember me! It's weird...I was just thinking of AngelsWin about two days ago.

I'm alive and well and still stomping around the same area. My business really expanded over the last few years (which has been good and bad...you would think making more money would maker things easier, but not always). 

I'll follow up on this later tonight or over the weekend.  I hope everyone is well, although I don't think Lee is. 

Thanks again!

Great to see you back Vic. Glad to see no more death rumors lol. 

4 hours ago, Victorious Ghost said:

I'm not sure you go to Supercuts to get your hair repaired tbh. I know from firsthand experience.

8 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Was baseball mom the one who was completely enamored with CJ Wilson and then when he turned to shit, she jumped ship to the Dodgers and became a fan of Puig?

That would be Sue.  She had different handles, but I remember her as 1forWeav.  Baseballmom was someone else.

9 hours ago, Billy_Ball said:

That would be Sue.  She had different handles, but I remember her as 1forWeav.  Baseballmom was someone else.

Sue loved Peter Bourjos (and CJ Wilson) and when the Angels traded him she moved to the Dodgers board and became a Puig fan.

It got amusing when she got called out for not really being an Angel fan but a fair weather fan that liked one player.

She also had the moderators on speed dial. lol

Edit: I think Sue was CJ_Pitch or something like that.

Edited by Angels#1Fan

38 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Sue loved Peter Bourjos (and CJ Wilson) and when the Angels traded him she moved to the Dodgers board and became a Puig fan.

It got amusing when she got called out for not really being an Angel fan but a fair weather fan that liked one player.

She also had the moderators on speed dial. lol

Edit: I think Sue was CJ_Pitch or something like that.

That's right, I forgot she liked Bourjos too.  One of her handles at one time was "PB_J" or something like that. And like you said, CJ_Pitch.

33 minutes ago, Billy_Ball said:

That's right, I forgot she liked Bourjos too.  One of her handles at one time was "PB_J" or something like that. And like you said, CJ_Pitch.

Yup you're right, I think she had several screen names.

She was a polarizing figure on both the Angel board and the Dodgers board. lol

runningair was one of my favorites. He was one of the more negative posters who would call people out for being unjustifiably optimistic.

After one game in which a declining Garret Anderson grounded into a DP in the bottom of the 9th to end a comeback rally, someone made a thread about how GA is still great and we should cut him some slack. runningair was the first to reply, and all he said was, "You're dumb." 

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Charles was a fucking idiot.

To this day I am really not much of a Shoemaker fan, and I wonder how much of that is residual from him being one of Charles pets and Charles relentlessly telling everyone how good Shoemaker was.   Charles was wrong on so many players in viewing them as legitimate starters in the bigs, but the blind squirrel ran into a nut on Shoemaker.

23 hours ago, Victorious Ghost said:

So how is everyone?

Hey vic, good to see that you are still around.

Hope all is well.

Edited by mtangelsfan

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

I am truly stunned that Angel Graffiti didnt migrate over here. He would have fit right in with all the sabermetricians. But I'm not disappointed.

I guess it's possible that he is here, under a different name. 

Why the heck would be be all coy and hide his identity?