• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stanton wants out if they rebuild

Dtwncbad

He told Jon Heyman he wants no part of a rebuild and "I have lost for 7 years."

If they want to reduce payroll to rebuild the team, as they reportedly do, then this dude is getting traded in the next 3 months.

He is in his prime, prime years right now.

Go for it.  He is a beast.

Does anyone realize what kind of year Trout would have with Stanton behind him?

50 bombs?

.345/.440/.720?

Yelich is blossoming. A player at just 25 with his speed, power, contact, defense, discipline and extremely club-friendly contract? I'd be surprised if the Angels could get him to be honest. Taking on a ton of negative salary and paying some solid players/prospects is probably the only realistic option.

Stanton really upped his value with his hot year/second half. It was feasible the Marlins would deal him for almost nothing but shedding the salary a few months ago but now? It'll take eating money and prospects. Not sure the Angels can pay that price as easily anymore. 

4 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Jeter said today he/the new ownership group will make "unpopular decisions" when it comes to the marlins.  Whatever that means.  Doubt anyone comes to the angels

They've already done so cutting the popular front office folks who were former Marlins fan-favorites.

That Stanton contract really is a burden for them, no matter how good he performs. They just don't have the aattendance, revenue, and interest to operate with that big of a portion of their payroll allocated to one player, and if there was a time to sell high on him, it's now.

They still have a good core with Yelich, Ozuna, Bour, Realmuto, Riddle that are all pretty young and controllable still. A good enough core that could carry a handful of lucky supporting cast of short-term FAs into the playoffs in a weak field. Winning will stoke attendance and bring good favor to new owners as much as keeping Stanton would. 

I think they should move Stanton this offseason, clear that money, get some prospects, and use Stanton to try and shed some of their bad/aging contracts like Gordon, Prado, Ziegler, Tazawa, Chen, Volquez. Those guys a hard to move on their own and may need a Stanton or Yelich type moved with them in order to clear them out. Refresh the team with some 1-2 year deal stopgap vets they can deal at deadlines, and gradually sell off a player from their core as it makes sense. Cleans up payroll, keeps them on fringes of contention, adds to the farm, doesn't immediately burn the fanbase...

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

You really think Yelich is mediocre?  

My guess is Yelich would cost more in prospects than Stanton.  

By my estimation he is double Stanton's price in terms of surplus value. As I said in a different thread I just don't think we have the prospect value to get him. We'd have to send MLB players too.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

An outfield of Trout, Upton, and Stanton?

yes please.

It does look good on paper but that contract of Stanton's is making me grind my teeth. If he only had a few years I'd say yes but having him until he's 38?? What if he contracts Pujolsitis when he's 34

13 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Jeter said today he/the new ownership group will make "unpopular decisions" when it comes to the marlins.  Whatever that means.  Doubt anyone comes to the angels

If nobody comes to the Angels, that would be an unpopular decision with most of us, amirite?

Mission accomplished.

14 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

He told Jon Heyman he wants no part of a rebuild and "I have lost for 7 years."

If they want to reduce payroll to rebuild the team, as they reportedly do, then this dude is getting traded in the next 3 months.

He is in his prime, prime years right now.

Go for it.  He is a beast.

Does anyone realize what kind of year Trout would have with Stanton behind him?

50 bombs?

.345/.440/.720?

I would love him.  Doubt he have the assets to get him.   

Trade Calhoun, extend Upton and our offense is dominant.  We can go with Valbueno and Cowart if we have that kind of offensive production out of our outfield. I do question what it might do to our defense. 

11 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

The Angels don't have the prospects to get Stanton.  It is wishful thinking only.

You know who has the prospects and can afford it?  Dodgers.  If they don't win the WS, don't be surprised to see them get Stanton.

i'd be very surprised to see the Dodgers get Stanton.  It would be like the opposite of what Friedman brain trust has been building towards.

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

Wouldnt that mean we have had six all star years?

No. Pujols made one AS team after his age 30 season. He finished in the top 10 of the MVP race only once after his age 30 season as well.

He had a much better track record heading into his age 30 season than Stanton has had too.