• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stanton wants out if they rebuild

Dtwncbad

1 minute ago, arch stanton said:

You can't compare Pujols and Stanton like that. Albert was nicknamed the machine, Stanton actually looks like a machine. He's much more athletic. His power will hold up as long as his interest in hitting a baseball holds up and he should be able to run much better

I wouldn't bet on Stanton holding up. He's played 150 games it more only twice in his whole career. 

I agree that Pujols isn't a great comparison. How about Josh Hamilton? Athletic, big power, injury prone. Drugs certainly got the early part of his career but he didn't make an AS game after his age 31 season.

18 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

He told Jon Heyman he wants no part of a rebuild and "I have lost for 7 years."

If they want to reduce payroll to rebuild the team, as they reportedly do, then this dude is getting traded in the next 3 months.

He is in his prime, prime years right now.

Go for it.  He is a beast.

Does anyone realize what kind of year Trout would have with Stanton behind him?

50 bombs?

.345/.440/.720?

If Stanton was healthy and played behind Trout, with Upton in there as well, Trout may hit .375 with a .500 OBP.

Same for Harper, obviously.

But Upton will be just fine.

3 hours ago, stormngt said:

I would love him.  Doubt he have the assets to get him.   

Trade Calhoun, extend Upton and our offense is dominant.  We can go with Valbueno and Cowart if we have that kind of offensive production out of our outfield. I do question what it might do to our defense. 

Calhoun can play 1st if he wasn't included in the trade, which I believe he would be. This would start with Skaggs, Calhoun, Cron and Jones or Adell.

8 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Trout had his worst month of the season with Upton behind him. 

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc. Logical Fallacy. The sample size is too small to say that was the cause. He also had the worst month of his season with Phillips hitting in front of him. Neither is necessarily the cause.

1 hour ago, ettin said:

For the record if Eppler chose to go after Stanton I think we have just as good a chance as any other team to acquire him if that is the teams goal.

The length of the contact is going to be a turn off for a lot of teams.  Arte is going to be reluctant to go down that road again, IMO. I'm OK with it but it's not my money. Unless Upton opts out, I don't see any chance Eppler even tries to trade for Stanton. He may even try for J D Martinez if Upton does opt out, otherwise I think he will go for 2B and 3B replacements.

17 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

The length of the contact is going to be a turn off for a lot of teams.  Arte is going to be reluctant to go down that road again, IMO. I'm OK with it but it's not my money. Unless Upton opts out, I don't see any chance Eppler even tries to trade for Stanton. He may even try for J D Martinez if Upton does opt out, otherwise I think he will go for 2B and 3B replacements.

Oh I agree Ace I was just sort of responding in general that if Eppler wanted that to happen we could do it I'm sure. I actually think we will go a slightly different route and I will share my thoughts on that in the Primer Series when it begins to come out in a few weeks.

5 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc. Logical Fallacy. The sample size is too small to say that was the cause. He also had the worst month of his season with Phillips hitting in front of him. Neither is necessarily the cause.

Agreed. It's a bad argument based on bad math. But if you want to look at good math then there isn't much math that shows any evidence that protection effects an individual hitter's production. There's plenty to show that it remains basically the same.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/what-would-lineup-protection-look-like/

Here's an example of that about MCab in 2012. There is also a more comprehensive Tom Tango study in it too.

1 hour ago, ettin said:

Oh I agree Ace I was just sort of responding in general that if Eppler wanted that to happen we could do it I'm sure. I actually think we will go a slightly different route and I will share my thoughts on that in the Primer Series when it begins to come out in a few weeks.

Tease

5 hours ago, eaterfan said:

No. Pujols made one AS team after his age 30 season. He finished in the top 10 of the MVP race only once after his age 30 season as well.

He had a much better track record heading into his age 30 season than Stanton has had too.

You missed my point.  I was referring Stanton performance would be all star level for six years prior to the Pujolsitus drop off you were referring to.  Stanton is only 28.  Pujols was 32.  Syanton conyeact ladt until 38.  Pujols until 41.  Age difference is big.