• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stanton wants out if they rebuild

Dtwncbad

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

You missed my point.  I was referring Stanton performance would be all star level for six years prior to the Pujolsitus drop off you were referring to.  Stanton is only 28.  Pujols was 32.  Syanton conyeact ladt until 38.  Pujols until 41.  Age difference is big.  

I wasn't the ones who called it a Pujolsian drop off. I was just pointing out that if he followed a a similar aging curve he probably has 2 or 3 more AS calibur years, not 6. 

If that's the case it's still a horrible contact.

We don't have the prospects to land Yelich. Not even worth talking about.

Stanton is owed $285 million through 2027. I imagine a lot of teams will kick the tires, including the Cardinals, Red Sox, Yankees, Giants, Phillies... perhaps the Astros. Basically the same teams that will be offering Harper and Machado $300-$400 million deals after 2018. I would be surprised if the Cubs, Dodgers, Mariners or any other team gets involved.

TheAlbertross is signed through 2021. Trout will hopefully be resigned after 2020. Although its tough to build a competitive roster around 3 position players making $90 million I absolutely think we should be in on Giancarlo trade discussions.

That said, I doubt Arte goes down this road. It will take a number of solid prospects to land Giancarlo in addition to taking on the entire contract.

That said, he's from Panorama City. Could help.

25 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

We are so damaged by Hamilton and Pujols that we are afraid of a 28 year old MVP that just hit 59 homers.

Wow.

I think most here would love to have Stanton regardless of his contract. 

But the odds are incredibly slim that he becomes an Angel. The only way I see it even being a remote possibility is if Upton leaves.

On 10/4/2017 at 4:18 PM, YouthofToday said:

Harper and Machado $300-$400 million deals after 2018. 

On 10/4/2017 at 4:23 PM, GrittyVeterans said:

I'd rather have Stanton for 30 million than the 35-40 million it will take to get Machado. If we're ever going to try to land another star position player, this would be the opportunity. 

Manny Machado??

$300-400 million contract?

$35-40 million per year?

You guys have to be joking.

No f'n way

Edited by Lou

14 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I apologize for assuming people could get the broad point.

Please substitute "we" with "Many Angel fans"

You could have also meant Arte &  Co.

I accept your apology on behalf of everyone who prefer not to make broad assumptions. 

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

Manny Machado??

$300-400 million contract?

$35-40 million per year?

You guys have to be joking.

No f'n way

He won't get 35 million a year but he will almost certainly get 300 million overall. He's going to be 26 when he hits free agency. 

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

He won't get 35 million a year but he will almost certainly get 300 million overall. He's going to be 26 when he hits free agency. 

And he has a career OPS away from Camden Yard of .755, including .666 this year. 

(Pujols' road ops was .681)

Edited by Lou

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So if the Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers or Yankees trade for Stanton I’m guessing they aren’t a smart well run organization.  Despite the fact that they are. 

Did I say they weren't?

Stop guessing. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

In every stadium he has started more than 10 games, his OPS is higher than his Camden OPS in only 2 - Target Field and, you guessed it, ours. Here are a few others:

Fenway - .767

Yankee - .781

Rangers - .683

Dodger - .607

Who are you even arguing with right now? 

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No i quoted you but it was kind of in agreement of you.  

Oh, ok.

Having said that, a well-run team that doesn't have the bankroll like the teams you mentioned aren't going to acquire Stanton. 

I could see the Giants being serious contenders