• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Valboner

ksangel

Another bonehead defensive play at 3B tonight and two horrible at bats...

Has the third lowest batting average in the AL (minimum 300 AB's).

When are they going to bench him and start Cowart at 3B for at least his defense? 

Cowart won't hit any worse than Valboner for sure and would have made the play tonight and saved one run and possibly two and saved Richards pitches too.

Valbuena isn't in the lineup to hit for average. He's in the lineup to provide power , which he has. His HR/PA is  1/16.9  In comparison, Pujols is @ 1/26.4 and Trout is @ 1/16.1

Didn't we see enough of Cowart? In his last 68 PAs he is batting .117 with an ops of .442

In LVs last 94 ABs, has 9 HRs and an ops of .985

Edited by Lou

45 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Valbuena's line isn't pretty but he has hit very well since the ASB. He's like Cron. Not a star by any means but totally serviceable. It could be much worse and we've seen that before.

He got off to such a horrible start that it has completely overshadowed his recent production. Only now has he begun to hit the way that we had hoped for when he was signed. He also missed a good part of the beginning of the season, which I'm sure didn't help his early production.

22 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

He got off to such a horrible start that it has completely overshadowed his recent production. Only now has he begun to hit the way that we had hoped for when he was signed. He also missed a good part of the beginning of the season, which I'm sure didn't help his early production.

He's batting .167 in Sept. We are some sad, low expectation having MFers.

53 minutes ago, DMVol said:

He hit .212 in August....scintillating.

I'm not saying he's great or anything but he did post a .350 OBP and .865 OPS in August....    

He's put up a .885 OPS the second half while only hitting .213...   .313 OBP, 574 SLG%

Sadly there is no silver lining when it comes to his glove.

On 9/17/2017 at 6:03 PM, ksangel said:

Another bonehead defensive play at 3B tonight and two horrible at bats...

Has the third lowest batting average in the AL (minimum 300 AB's).

When are they going to bench him and start Cowart at 3B for at least his defense? 

Cowart won't hit any worse than Valboner for sure and would have made the play tonight and saved one run and possibly two and saved Richards pitches too.

I love Cowart.   However i am not on delusional drugs.  I highly doubt if Cowart gets 21 HRs if he got Valbuenos at bat.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Newsflash: Valbuena. Is. Not. Going. To. Hit. For. Average. He's a lefty with good power. Something we don't have.

He has a 92 OPS+. Cowart, who everyone mostly is down on, has a 93 OPS+ for reference. 

Valbuena just hasn't been any good this year. He's below replacement level. Cowart would be worth 2 WAR easily because of his glove if you threw him out there a full season. You could make almost any player on the team look amazing (except for Maldonado) if you just ignore half the season like some are doing with Valbuena's first half.

It's never going to happen with Scioscia but there is an argument that Cowart should be playing 3rd for this team everyday based on his glove alone