• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Embarrassing: Pujols 6 man outfield shift

TroutBaseball

10 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

If Fletcher is right and this makes Pujols have to run out grounders more, this could mean more DL stints for Pujols which will only help the team overall.  lol

It's not going to happen often enough to really affect his health. It only is a factor when the bases are empty. 

And the Astros always play more extreme defenses than other teams. Let's see what other teams do. 

30 minutes ago, red321 said:

The Astros are more extreme than most teams...I wouldn't expect this to be an every at bat thing. If Pujols is up with nobody on (and in this case it looks like there was 2 outs) when he's more inclined to try and drive the ball...sure...maybe. But runners on base, scoring position where Pujols has shown he's willing to take the ball the other way. Probably not.

28 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It's not going to happen often enough to really affect his health. It only is a factor when the bases are empty. 

And the Astros always play more extreme defenses than other teams. Let's see what other teams do. 

Hey! I feel like I've been ripped off a little!!!! It's easier just to type "What Red Said"! :)

1 hour ago, red321 said:

now...let's not be hasty...the pitcher could pull a hammy, trip and dislocate their shoulder when falling to the ground

If it was spring, and they were just scrimmaging against their own guys, and the pitcher was an angel, it would absolutely happen.

This is hilariously awful. 

Serious question here.

Is there a reason Albert can't spend an offseason with a personal trainer and actually lose some weight? FFS, Sandoval did it twice! There is zero reason a professional athlete should be that out of shape and slow. Grow a sack, Arte/Eppler and demand that he come into camp 30 lbs lighter. Again, there may be a reason for this (injuries) but damn. A little discipline please, Albert. Your talent can't carry you anymore.

I was embarrassed for him.  It's just so sad to see what he's become.  If other teams adopt this, there's a chance he might not get a pull hit that's not a hr for the rest of the year.  

Literally, Correa could have hit the cutoff man and it still would have been close.  

They actually don't even need to shift really.  They could all just play about 5-6 feet on the grass.  

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I was embarrassed for him.  It's just so sad to see what he's become.  If other teams adopt this, there's a chance he might not get a pull hit that's not a hr for the rest of the year.  

Literally, Correa could have hit the cutoff man and it still would have been close.  

They actually don't even need to shift really.  They could all just play about 5-6 feet on the grass.  

I think Eckstein might have required a cutoff man to get it that far

4 hours ago, yk9001 said:

no video.  I'd like to see that.

DJu9SSYXUAAo2eg.jpg

Altuve played in short right field against Calhoun, about the same distance Correa was for Pujols. If Calhoun push bunts it past the pitcher on the right side he has an uncontested single. Calhoun still tried to pull the ball and ended up grounding it right to Altuve for the out.

There are plenty of ways to beat these shifts but the batters have to let go of the hit it as hard as you can philosophy. Rod Carew would have raped these infield shifts.