• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Embarrassing: Pujols 6 man outfield shift

TroutBaseball

16 minutes ago, Calzone said:

Is there any reason to believe he won't be? I've never seen Albert admit that anythings wrong with him. Sosh and the Angels organization continue to sell the "he's a presence in the lineup" so he's not going anywhere soon. 

Oh I believe this is what he will be going forward with a possible adjustment to go the other way.  But I personally don't believe that batting 4th changes his own belief in his performance. 

I am surprised that this type of an adjustment for Pujols hasn't  been done much earlier.  There is nothing about Albert's offense that should worry teams beyond what an average hitter can offer and if a team can play their infield back on the outfield grass, I think they should.   That clip reminds me what a game might look like if an old-timers team played against a current major league team. 

14 hours ago, Calzone said:

Is there any reason to believe he won't be? I've never seen Albert admit that anythings wrong with him. Sosh and the Angels organization continue to sell the "he's a presence in the lineup" so he's not going anywhere soon. 

Its always funny when you make reference about public comments to the press.  Do you really expect him to tell the public "i am slow as molasses"?

On 9/15/2017 at 12:19 PM, HaloCory22 said:

This is hilariously awful. 

Serious question here.

Is there a reason Albert can't spend an offseason with a personal trainer and actually lose some weight? FFS, Sandoval did it twice! There is zero reason a professional athlete should be that out of shape and slow. Grow a sack, Arte/Eppler and demand that he come into camp 30 lbs lighter. Again, there may be a reason for this (injuries) but damn. A little discipline please, Albert. Your talent can't carry you anymore.

The last 2 off-seasons he's been rehabbing from surgery. The Angels are hoping if he doesn't have surgery this offseason he can get in better shape.