• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Budweis...errr...Budwater

If i recall correctly the hydrometer is used to set a baseline for alcohol content during brewing. The beer is then checked again during bottling and after a bottle fermentation. Without a baseline you are only measuring "potential AC". Too many assumptions have to made in a single reading to get a dead on AC measurement. Remember the hydrometer measures the density of the liquid being tested. Not actually the alcohol. There are more expensive devices that measure actual alcohol content but they are very expensive. My advice is to spend your money on chimay blue and leave the world of 3.2 beer behind.

Makers Mark is watering-down their whiskey too (blamed on lack of production).... Sad days for us Irish...

They aren't anymore. As soon as it was announced there was crazy backlash and it seemed just as soon as the announcement to cut back because of production the president released a Twitter message saying something like, "You spoke, we listened" and then followed up with an official article.

This would have been a travesty. 

If i recall correctly the hydrometer is used to set a baseline for alcohol content during brewing. The beer is then checked again during bottling and after a bottle fermentation. Without a baseline you are only measuring "potential AC". Too many assumptions have to made in a single reading to get a dead on AC measurement. Remember the hydrometer measures the density of the liquid being tested. Not actually the alcohol. There are more expensive devices that measure actual alcohol content but they are very expensive. My advice is to spend your money on chimay blue and leave the world of 3.2 beer behind.

The hydrometer you would buy from a beer supply house is designed for beer. The alcohol content is what varies the density.

And don't worry about me. I live in St Louis and you couldn't pay me to drink a Bud product.

Right^

Unless you know the specific gravity of the wort before fermentation, simple tests like hydrometer or refractometer wont tell you anything.