• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chicago

Bloody weekend in Chicago leaves at least 4 killed, 32 shot

On Tuesday, Chicago PD reported 3,790 people were shot through Nov. 30, compared to 2,403 in the same time period last year. Murders increased by more than half, with 716 homicides through the end of November, compared to the 464 murders in 2019. 

The paper reported last month that the city reached its 700th homicide for the year, however, the number of shootings and murders in November, while significant, reached a seven-month low. Still, murders in the city are also up 50% compared with 2019 and more police are being shot at, reports said.

Police Release Surveillance Video Showing 3 Of The Attackers Who Shot, Killed Retired Fire Lt. Dwain Williams During Carjacking Attempt

The video is actually pretty frightening.  3 guys jump out of a car with guns drawn out of nowhere.  The retired fire guy taking cover then pulling out a gun.  Shooting all over.  It should be a wake up call for Chicago, but it won't be.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Police Release Surveillance Video Showing 3 Of The Attackers Who Shot, Killed Retired Fire Lt. Dwain Williams During Carjacking Attempt

The video is actually pretty frightening.  3 guys jump out of a car with guns drawn out of nowhere.  The retired fire guy taking cover then pulling out a gun.  Shooting all over.  It should be a wake up call for Chicago, but it won't be.

It's a very short clip so I don't know what can be ascertained from it, but that didn't appear to be a car jacking to me. It looks like they wanted to kill that dude for a reason. The victim may have just been trained to act quickly when danger arises but he really acted quickly as if he were aware that he could potentially be in danger. 

Conclusion: That dude owed someone some cash or wronged one of those fine Christian men. 

20 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

We don't know the full story. We should wait for a full statement from the police the shooters' attorneys before we make any judgments.

739 homicides? That really is insane and extremely disturbing. 

I always liked visiting Chicago, but it clearly has a horrific side to it.

I just can’t imagine what it would be like to live a community like that. And it’s getting worse every year. 

When are they calling in Snake Plisskin?

Seriously, those numbers are absurdly alarming. Is anything being done to combat this kind of carnage?

At least 2 are killed every freaking day by those numbers. 

15 minutes ago, T.G. said:

739 homicides? That really is insane and extremely disturbing. 

I always liked visiting Chicago, but it clearly has a horrific side to it.

I just can’t imagine what it would be like to live a community like that. And it’s getting worse every year. 

When are they calling in Snake Plisskin?

Seriously, those numbers are absurdly alarming. Is anything being done to combat this kind of carnage?

At least 2 are killed every freaking day by those numbers. 

Those are just the actual murders, which jumped to 757 today. There are over 4,000 people who have been shot in Chicago. Let that sink in for a moment. The numbers round out to someone shot every 2 minutes, murdered every 11 minutes. 

Just now, Blarg said:

Those are just the actual murders, which jumped to 757 today. There are over 4,000 people who have been shot in Chicago. Let that sink in for a moment. The numbers round out to someone shot every 2 minutes, murdered every 11 minutes. 

That's just crazy.  It's like living in a freakin' war zone.

47 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yep. I don't think the stat link has been posted in awhile so...

https://heyjackass.com/

image.png

image.png