• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chicago

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Not even close. Blarg is deflecting as he always does.

I was referring to the "wHeReS tHe OuTrAgE" bullshit. Didn't say anything about the police.

But since we're now on the topic, the police killing anyone, regardless of race, should be considered a problem. There's many cases where it's justified, and many where it's not (and no I'm not circling around the internet to find "sources" for that). 

Oh and guess what? I don't support BLM or the rioting. I support the police.

My post wasn't directly replying to your long winded take, I was tempted to drop a Sir, this a Wendys after it.

The point I was making is the record of officer involved shootings in these urban war zones is miniscule. The incidences of wrongful police shooting even moreso. The national narratives are way out of whack.

This is directly on the main topic of Chicago violence.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

My post wasn't directly replying to your long winded take, I was tempted to drop a Sir, this a Wendys after it. The point I was making is the record of officer involved shootings in these urban war zones is miniscule. The incidences of wrongful police shooting even moreso. The narratives are way out of whack.

Why didn't you do the Wendy's thing? I would have given you a like.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He was a state Senator that represented the Chicago district from 1997 - 2004.

Chicago experienced a major rise in violent crime starting in the late 1960s,[6] a decline in overall crime in the 2000s,[7] and then a rise in murders in 2016.[8] 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Chicago

All are sourced on the page.

Mayor Lori Lightfoot has delivered a warning to Chicago aldermen who might vote against her budget: sources

On Wednesday, Lightfoot met virtually with members of the City Council Black Caucus, where she made waves by telling them that aldermen who don’t support her budget won’t have their wards prioritized, according to six aldermen who were in the meetings.

I mean who wouldn't get behind this?

In recent weeks, Lightfoot has held a series of meetings with aldermen to lobby them to support her controversial spending plan, which includes a $94 million property tax increase this year and annual bumps in the future, hundreds of city employee layoffs and a gas tax hike. The mayor’s budget also relies on increased money from fines and fees, including a plan to ticket people caught by electronic speed cameras going 6 mph over the limit.

• 2 weeks later...

Gunmen fired at Chicago police while hunting for rivals, prosecutors say

Three men, including a 17-year-old and a convicted felon 19 days into two years of probation, were hunting for rivals when they fired on Chicago police officers over the weekend, prosecutors said Tuesday.

Kamari Pleasant, 22, and the other two suspects were on the city's South Side Saturday when they allegedly shot at responding officers in a park. 

After a brief chase, Pleasant was found hiding under a car in a pile of leaves, the Chicago Sun-Times reported, citing police. The 17-year-old was found lying near a basement stairwell next to a .40-caliber Smith and Wesson, Cook County prosecutors told a judge. 

“What’s most amazing, and shows tremendous training and professionalism in my humble opinion, no officer fired a single shot,” said Judge John F. Lyke Jr.

Pleasant, who was on probation, is charged with first-degree attempted murder and aggravated discharge of a firearm towards a police officer and one count of unlawful use of a weapon by a felon.

The teen faces the same charges and additional charges of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon by a person under 21 years old and criminal trespass, a misdemeanor. 

Prosecutors said someone called the police to report three people with guns getting out of a car and entering Fernwood Park. As the officers arrived, Pleasant and the other accused gunmen ran into the park and fired on the officers as they were being pursued, authorities said.

One officer took cover while another stayed behind a parked vehicle. One of the suspects was taken into custody minutes later and said he dropped off the other two in the park so they could hunt for rivals, according to the newspaper. 

Investigators found 25 shell casings in the park linked to guns handled by Pleasant and the teen. Six other casings are believed to be linked to a third shooter who fled. That suspect remains uncharged. 

The officers identified Pleasant as the shooter. He previously pleaded guilty to a gun charge on Nov. 2. 

3 hours ago, JAHV76 said:

Bartending in Chicago is getting rough.image.thumb.png.00fa9677ecf527a19816cdb50c7842b7.png

I was just thinking I'd never seen a black bartender but then I remembered there's a fat black lady who pours beer at a brewery about an hour from where I live. I can't remember her name but I assume it's Lashaneequa. She's nice.