• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols has done a good job

m0nkey

11 minutes ago, Glen said:

If Rangers' misery was a woman, I'd screw her and make sure she didn't have an orgasm and then leave. Also, she'd be calling me by a fake name. Probably Adam.

So basically the same as all of your relationships?  

9 hours ago, yk9001 said:

And as shown here, Pujols isn't one of the all time Angels douchebags.  Okay.

Expectations have been really lowered for $250 million dollar players.

I can dislike a guy for being a d-bag, but I can't dislike him for taking a contract. 

11 hours ago, notherhalo said:

Unlike CJ and Hamilton, it seems like the dude tries hard as hell and works through a lot of pain.  It was said that Trout shows up before everyone else with him early in the morning. 

I never cared for him as a baseball player, but I'm happy for the good character he is known to be.  I'd like to think that counts for something positive that's missing from his slash line, but shows up in the clubhouse and in the reputation of the game.

Ask the St Louis fans about his character. I'm sure they have a different take.  

1 minute ago, Season Over said:

It's guaranteed money. Unless there's a Prince Fielder situation, he's going to be on the roster until that contract is up. 

Doubtful.  When you have enough money to retire and not change the way you live, how much longer will you work?  Now factor in working actually physically hurts AND you have enough money to literally do whatever you want, and more than likely your kids will never have to work a day in their lives.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Doubtful.  When you have enough money to retire and not change the way you live, how much longer will you work?  Now factor in working actually physically hurts AND you have enough money to literally do whatever you want, and more than likely your kids will never have to work a day in their lives.  

I hope you're right. If the Angels can keep Trout past 2020, his contract will be just a minor annoyance. 

I wonder how retiring early would affect that 10 year post-retirement contract he signed.

49 minutes ago, Season Over said:

I hope you're right. If the Angels can keep Trout past 2020, his contract will be just a minor annoyance. 

I wonder how retiring early would affect that 10 year post-retirement contract he signed.

I think thats an incentive to retire early. 

Id also speculate that if he retires early, gets his 10 a year to be "artes partner", but isnt "full time" and can claim his residence out of california, it plays a roll in his taxes (if were just talking finances).

But i honestly think (along with strad pointing out hes already far beyond rich), hes got to already be or will be in time wary of his legacy numbers getting too low.....obviously he wants to pad his counting stats, but id venture to guess he wont let his career avg get too low.

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think thats an incentive to retire early. 

Id also speculate that if he retires early, gets his 10 a year to be "artes partner", but isnt "full time" and can claim his residence out of california, it plays a roll in his taxes (if were just talking finances).

But i honestly think (along with strad pointing out hes already far beyond rich), hes got to already be or will be in time wary of his legacy numbers getting too low.....obviously he wants to pad his counting stats, but id venture to guess he wont let his career avg get too low.

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure it's a million a year for ten years and not ten million a year.  

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

He had enough money under the last contract he had with st. louis.  And it didn't stop him from feeling insulted by the Cards' offer.

Anyone who thinks Albert is going to turn down 30 mill a year to go up every few innings and take a couple crappy hacks at a ball is being incredibly optimistic.

Albert will sit on the bench 4 nights a week and DH the other 3 before he ever walks away from the money he is due to make.