• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols has done a good job

m0nkey

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

It will be a LOT different. Pujols built up his goodwill for the fans of St. Louis.

Trout has given us a HOF career as an Angel in five seasons.

I HATE that all of the Angels associated with the HOF played their best baseball for someone else.  Reggie, Carew, Pujols, etc. Heck, even Vlad.

That is why I treasure the 2002 WS champs so much.  Practically all the stars were *ours*.

It's debatable if Vladdys best years were with the expos.  Statistically they maybe slightly better but the MVP and four division titles were with us.

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Is there anything they can do to inject a little life back into him? I can't imagine playing him every day and running him out to first base in NL parks is helping. At some point Scioscia needs to look in the mirror and realize that running Albert into the ground isn't helping anyone.

I can't imagine him coming cold off of the bench as a pinch hitter. The NL made his career and the AL saved his career. 

2 hours ago, CALZONE said:

No I like when he makes sure to adjust his jersey and pants in the on deck circle and readjusts everything in the batters box again. 

Not nearly as annoying as Valbuena readjusting his right batting glove like a 4 year old trying to tie their shoes after every other pitch.

3 hours ago, OregonLAA said:

Lol of course no one has posted the fangraphs article showing that in high leverage situations he's been one of the best in baseball. Just keep pouring it on fellas

Meh... it's not really sustainable. His success in high leverage situations is coming from his increased performance late in close games. His driving in a run in the 8th is not inherently more valuable than if he drove the same runner in during the first inning. 

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

How will you guys feel in ten plus years about Trout when he is Pujols, hanging on for that number he wants to achieve. It might be different if he is a lifelong Angels player, unlike Pujols but when that day comes will you have the same mindset?

Hopefully Trout never becomes another Pujols. I'd prefer him to be another Ichiro Suzuki.

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

How will you guys feel in ten plus years about Trout when he is Pujols, hanging on for that number he wants to achieve. It might be different if he is a lifelong Angels player, unlike Pujols but when that day comes will you have the same mindset?

If Trout ends up battling Plantars Fasciitis in both feet and has to DH every game we will have the same mindset. 

1 minute ago, CALZONE said:

If Trout ends up battling Plantars Fasciitis in both feet and has to DH every game we will have the same mindset. 

No we will not.  You obviously will, but the actual Angels fan, will give him a helluva lot more respect because he is the greatest player we've ever produced.  

Unlike CJ and Hamilton, it seems like the dude tries hard as hell and works through a lot of pain.  It was said that Trout shows up before everyone else with him early in the morning. 

I never cared for him as a baseball player, but I'm happy for the good character he is known to be.  I'd like to think that counts for something positive that's missing from his slash line, but shows up in the clubhouse and in the reputation of the game.

37 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

Unlike CJ and Hamilton, it seems like the dude tries hard as hell and works through a lot of pain.  It was said that Trout shows up before everyone else with him early in the morning. 

I never cared for him as a baseball player, but I'm happy for the good character he is known to be.  I'd like to think that counts for something positive that's missing from his slash line, but shows up in the clubhouse and in the reputation of the game.

How could you never care for him as a player? Or do you mean just with us? It's hard not to be in awe at what he did with the Cardinals. 

1 hour ago, notherhalo said:

And as shown here, Pujols isn't one of the all time Angels douchebags.  Okay.

Expectations have been really lowered for $250 million dollar players.