• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Scioscia remains at top of his game this season

I love this team and the job Scioscia is doing.  I love the way this team seems to never be out of a game - even when I think they are... like yesterday, like countless other times this year.  Does Scioscia do things that leave me scratching my head?  Absolutely.  Never-the-less, I'm hopeful that once Trout gets back and the rotation gets a little healthy - this team will start to make some noise. 

When you look at the starting pitching staff the question begging to be answered is, how? How does the team have 38 wins?

You're likely to say offense but then realize they have had black holes in the lineup in Espinosa, Valbuena, Maybin/Revere for two months, Calhoun sucked for two months, Cron doesn't seem to be able to get started, Trout is out.

They should be the A's or Mets, maybe even Padres bad but somehow they are not. 

There are some here that will never give Scioscia any credit for anything.

He's done as good of a job as anyone could have under the circumstances but there is a lot of hate for him here.

There are things he does at times that leave me wondering (like not walking Judge with first open in Anaheim) but there's no doubt that he's a future HOFer and one doesn't get there on accident.

He definitely should at least finish out his contract, based on the jobs he did in 2015 and so far this season.   Make the WC game, and does he then deserve an extra year in 2019 to make it an even 20 seasons here?   Only 4 managers all time have managed at least 20 seasons with one team:  Mack, McGraw, Alston, and Cox; and all 4 are in the HOF.   Granted the first three have won multiple WS titles.

One of my favorite things about Sosh is his understanding of the rule book. The dude comes out and challenges umpires at least once a week on shady shit. His knowledge of the game is impressive. His bullpen management stinks and I honestly think at some point the blame falls on him for the yearly slow starts but I honestly wouldn't care if he led this team for 20 more years. I'll miss him when he's eventually gone

Keeping it food related:

We have had plenty of Scioscia.  As if he himself has been an all you can eat buffet and we are all slumped over in a red leather booth stuffed to our gills fighting the onset of a food coma after 17 seasons of eating the same old dishes.

That one serving of Calamari Steak in 2002 was good though, I will admit that.

No I am not looking forward to getting back in that same food line again.  I can't even taste it anymore.  Maybe it's good but the reality I am sick of it and not enjoying it so it doesn't matter if someone tells me it's good.

Please, please can we go to another restaurant?

2 hours ago, OregonLAA said:

One of my favorite things about Sosh is his understanding of the rule book. The dude comes out and challenges umpires at least once a week on shady shit. His knowledge of the game is impressive. His bullpen management stinks and I honestly think at some point the blame falls on him for the yearly slow starts but I honestly wouldn't care if he led this team for 20 more years. I'll miss him when he's eventually gone

His bullpen management was the one thing almost every advance metric system found he excelled at and a major factor into why his teams typically beat their pythag records.  The two times in recent years he's had a decent performing pen he's won 98 games and managed to play .500 despite crushing injuries.

12 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

'Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while'  Zero postseason wins since 2009.

Zero posts not blaming Scioscia since you've signed up for AW.  I'll take your post with a grain of salt, since you aren't capable of being subjective as it relates to Sosh.  

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

His bullpen management was the one thing almost every advance metric system found he excelled at and a major factor into why his teams typically beat their pythag records.  The two times in recent years he's had a decent performing pen he's won 98 games and managed to play .500 despite crushing injuries.

Advance metric system on bullpen usage?  Are you serious?

His bullpen management is fucking terrible and so are his lineup cards and pinch hitting match ups.  In other words, he is very bad at managing the most important parts of the game.

38 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Advance metric system on bullpen usage?  Are you serious?

His bullpen management is fucking terrible and so are his lineup cards and pinch hitting match ups.  In other words, he is very bad at managing the most important parts of the game.

Or you are full of shit.