• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's just one week...

Hubs

Vali....oh wait...

It's one week, in a very very long season. Everyone knows the shortcomings of the roster, even with the last 2 games Pujols looks like he's about 90, and the starters have to start making it through the 6th...hell, the 5th. But I will say the team might make things a little more interesting than I thought going into the season. 

the angels are just an easy target because of the farm system and the big clubs struggles.  The negativity is exaggerated.  even the farm is probably not as horrible as the national pundits like to say.  its fine, flying under the radar has never hurt anyone and it'll be even sweeter when we bounce back and they have to eat shit.

also it was just one good week in april. thats great and all but no need to get too excited.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Everything is a fluke until you do it again and again. When the Angels are in the playoffs this year, we'll see less articles like this and more talking about just how much of a genius Eppler is for his run prevention roster and long range pen.

Remember when Mike Trout's rookie year was a fluke? Remember his sophomore year when everyone thought regression was coming? 

I discussed this in another topic, but here's what's up next. 

They open in Oakland for 4 before welcoming Seattle and Texas to Anaheim for three each. If they can come back 6-4 I'm ok, but I'd love a 7-3 or 8-2 start here. Then they go to KC and to Houston on a 7 game trip. If they can go 3-4 or 4-3 here, great. After the 4 at Houston, they get 4 against the Blue Jays in Anaheim and Oakland for three. Then they go to Texas for three to finish the month. The last ten if they go 6-4 I'll be happy. That's at least 15-12, and as good as 18-9.

Games against 2016 playoff teams in April of 2017? 10. Against division favorites? 4.

May gets a little easier.

A 7-run comeback in the 9th doesn't happen all that often, especially with this team. It's possible to be both ecstatic about the 5-2 start and recognize that they won't win five out of seven games for the rest of the season. I bet the author would tell his 7th grade son, "Oh, you got an A on your test? Meh, you'll probably get a C on your next one."

The media WANTS the Angels to be bad.  They want it so they can report on how Mike Trout is wasted.  They want to report that so the Angels trade Mike Trout.  They pray to the spirit of ratings and page views that he is traded to an east coast team so they don't have to stay up late to watch the greatest player of the last half century.

The Angels can go to game 7 of the WS, and if they lose, they'll still report that Mike Trout is being wasted, and that the Angels are not as good as they look in that moment.

2 minutes ago, Kenny said:

The media WANTS the Angels to be bad.  They want it so they can report on how Mike Trout is wasted.  They want to report that so the Angels trade Mike Trout.  They pray to the spirit of ratings and page views that he is traded to an east coast team so they don't have to stay up late to watch the greatest player of the last half century.

The Angels can go to game 7 of the WS, and if they lose, they'll still report that Mike Trout is being wasted, and that the Angels are not as good as they look in that moment.

IMG_1668.GIF

I find it amusing that the Angels can go 5-2 on the week and ESPN drops them from 19 to 20 in their Power Rankings. 

It is small things like that that sometimes gives players/teams a chip in their shoulder. I can see this team using small things like this to make this a "magical" season.