• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels the 13th-cheapest Spring Training tix in MLB; avg. $60.01

Chuck

TickPick, analyzed ticket prices for all 30 teams. The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim are tied with the Detroit Tigers for the 13th-cheapest ticket in all baseball, with an average price of $60.01. Prices are stagnant from last season but more than $10 cheaper than they were back in 2015. The crosstown rival Dodgers have an average ticket price of $52.86, 7th-cheapest across the MLB.

The defending World Series Champion Chicago Cubs have the highest average ticket price in all of baseball at $106.30 — the highest on record since TickPick began tracking this data back in 2015. Cubs Spring Training tickets increased by nearly $26 from last year. The Red Sox have the second most popular Spring Training ticket at $80.24, just edging the Giants ($79.08).

Below is a chart depicting how all 30 teams rank, from the cheapest Spring Training tickets to the most expensive. You can see a team-by-team breakdown of prices dating back to 2015 through the interactive chart here

D58354EF-AC6B-4135-B70C-EF75898262C4.png

2 hours ago, Adam said:

I won'y pay more than $10 for an exhibition game

Yeah... I would typically get lawn seats for that price in ST because I mostly walked around and hung out to watch the games with AW.com peeps at the top of the steps. 

This is exactly why I am not heading to Arizona/ Scottsdale/ Tempe this March -- I have headed to the Valley of the Sun every year for about the past 20, missing only one year during that time -- but now MLB and the greedy team owners are on track to kill the golden goose.........the prices and costs have simply gotten out of hand. Spring Training used to be a laid back, relatively low attendance, low cost affair -- it's anything but now -- the popular teams - and the highest attendance the past decade plus has been the Cubs and Giants who usually sell out all games ---will remain so even at the higher prices -- the other teams, including the Angels, White Sox, Brewers etc. will have weaker attendance numbers and at these new higher prices it will be very noticeable in mid-week games.  I think it's real unfortunate it's come to this,  Our annual Spring Training group is skipping the trip this year and we are seriously looking at attending a week of Arizona Fall League games this October/ November instead.  The price for season tickets to all AFL games on a first come first served basis is less than $100.

I actually got to walk around Tempe Diablo stadium about a week ago to check out a part time job opportunity (I thought it'd be cool to try it out but it ended up not being for me) and I saw the prices at the concession stands: $6 for a hot dog and $5 for a fountain drink? WTF?!?! I went to Chase Field for a couple games last season, which is actually a very nice ballpark, and they had "value" hot dogs for $2 and drinks for $2.50 which I thought was nice of them. 

After seeing the prices of tickets for Spring Training, it's really seeming to be a quick money grab by the teams a month before the season starts. I guess they have to make the most of the only 15-17 games a year they play there. I thought about going, but not at those prices, maybe I'll wait to see if there are cheaper tickets available the day of. 

But it really makes no sense when I can get into Chase Field or Angel Stadium for $10.