• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yordano Ventura and Andy Marte Dead

Troll Daddy

1 hour ago, Kody Mac said:

Rumor is it that he had been drinking. When will people learn that alcohol and driving don't mix?

A lot do not learn it until after they survive it. Back in the early 90's there was a 2-year period where stupidly I drove intoxicated (although there were times I had others drive). I'm lucky nothing happened and only until a bit later did I realize how much I put myself and others at risk of injury or death. I think a lot of people in their teenage and early 20's have done this in their lifetimes. Only in the last 20 years has their been greater awareness and encouragement to not drive period if you have been drinking or worse.

Feel very sad for Yordano and Marte, may they both Rest In Peace.

I'll wager that the Dom. Republic is like the country I live in;  Mexico. There is absolutely no driver's training, nor is there a written test to pass to get a driver's license. All you have to do is prove you can read and reach a certain age. Then, there is the near total lack of enforcement of conventional regulations by the police.

Mix all that with alcohol consumption and that's a pretty lethal cocktail.

Man, there have been a lot of Caribbean players killed in accidents in the last couple years.............

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Surprised at the sympathy for a drunk driver (habit of it supposedly as well) on this board of all places, considering many condemn the hell out of Andrew Gallo.

Luckily sounds like he didn't hurt anyone else.

it's because life experience teaches you many lessons. among them we learn that young people make serious mistakes, and sometimes it costs them their lives, and rather than waste the moment on judgement, we realize that nearly all of us have made those same mistakes and were only spared by luck and circumstance. 

the point is to let what cannot be unchanged left alone and instead focus on the present, which is a life cut short. use them as a lesson for other youths to possibly learn from and hopefully prevent a few from the same fate, then use the next life lost as another lesson for another group of young lives.

gallo is judged in life, not in death. he survived his mistake, but cost the lives of others. that is the difference.