• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Quality TV Shows or Movies You Recommend

Brandon

Stranger Things on Netflix is just plain good. It is bundling up all the best of the 80's  SciFi into one show and has a solid cast. I have no desire to try and over analyze it, it's just way more fun to sit back and let them tell you the story rather than trying to sleuth it out.

saw season 1 of fargo, it was good. felt like i had to force myself to get through it at spurts, but by the end it was a good watch. never had a desire to watch the second season, probably a bad choice on my end.

i may have to try master of nothing. i see it mentioned quite a bit, especially when it was out. i think i caught glimpses, but it didn't grab me.

19 minutes ago, Stringfellow said:

saw season 1 of fargo, it was good. felt like i had to force myself to get through it at spurts, but by the end it was a good watch. never had a desire to watch the second season, probably a bad choice on my end.

i may have to try master of nothing. i see it mentioned quite a bit, especially when it was out. i think i caught glimpses, but it didn't grab me.

Second season of Fargo was brilliant. 

Amazon has some good deals on The Wire ($57) and The Sopranos ($70) today. My place in oregon has no cell service and only satellite internet so streaming is out. I like the high bitrate blu-rays better than streaming anyway though I miss the convenience of streaming . Bought several blu-ray sets lately (battlestar, thrones, rome, entourage).

Hi Cez! Haven't seen u around much later. Hope all is well. I've always appreciated having a rival's fan here to give us an outsiders point of view. Your contribution over the years to our site cannot be measured.

1 hour ago, cezero said:

honestly, the first episode of "master of none" wasn't all that great. 

WTF???! 

Are you crazy? That episode was hilarious from the opening scene. You obviously have no sense of humor.

Kick rocks, stupid M's fan. 

Edited by Lou

Younger
The Knick
The Fall
Banshee
Halt and Catch Fire
Humans
iZombie
Catastrophe
Orphan Black
Outlander
Silicon Valley
Rectify
Walking Dead
Homeland
Justified
Call the Midwife
The Affair
Once Upon a Time
Switched at Birth
Teen Wolf
The Strain
Power
This is Us
Westworld
Black Mirror
Atlanta
The Good Place
Ray Donovan
Jonathan Strange
12 Monkeys
Kingdom
Agents of Shield
Orange is the New Black
Mr Robot
Fargo
Gotham
Narcos
Casual
Difficult People
Ash vs Evil Dead
Supergirl
Love
Sense8
Arrow

didn't intend for this to be a "what are you watching now" thread. was mainly looking for things i may have missed over the years.

alas, it's subjective. thanks for the recommendations. i'm taking mt's bosch rec.

i notice no one listed movies, anything epic or that you've watched five times and would still watch?

23 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

I just got Amazon Prime and I've started to watch the first season of "The Man in the High Castle." I've gone through the first 4 episodes and so far so good.

I enjoyed the first season of the show, but I kinda felt that it deserved an actual ending rather than have it continue on for several years. It has a real WTF aspect to it, that I just don't think plays well when adapted to television. Changing the alternate history book to a series of film reels moves the story from strange yet believable to pure scifi. 

What I found interesting was that 'the bad guy' is clearly the most interesting character, and the guy the audience ends up rooting for him. I think that speaks to how well that role was written and acted, while also reflecting poorly on the show's leads.