• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Axes Are Falling

dave stewart was nails as a player, but as a gm he was ridiculous, and i use that word intentionally.

bonds continued to be an ass in baseball, the only time that dude has managed to be personable is when he's stumping for his hof candidacy.

2 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

MLB holding its collective breath over the firing of Stewart as GM;  hoping that it doesn't become a racial issue. Two years is not much time to give a GM to do his job.

BTW, how long did Tony Reagins get? That was a pretty short stint, too.

When a list of offenses and idiotic maneuverings is as long as his list, I don't think MLB will have a problem if someone cries about racism.   

37 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Sometimes I have this little nightmare:

Headline, October 2018: Angels finish one game out of wild card. Scioscia extended.

Worse...he leads the team to 98 wins, gets swept in the first round, and gets a new 20 year contract and a raise.

I wake up in a sweat.

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

MLB holding its collective breath over the firing of Stewart as GM;  hoping that it doesn't become a racial issue. Two years is not much time to give a GM to do his job.

J. Pierpont Reagins did get 4 seasons (2008-11).

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

Both of them were awful at their jobs. Stewart should never have been in it, he wasn't qualified. There were very good reasons both were fired and they weren't race related.

3 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

They are? You have a link to anything that would substantiate that statement? I live in AZ and haven't heard an inkling about race when it came to his hire and now his firing. 

Kenny Williams was a GM for over a decade. 

4 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

retarded.

During Bud Black's first two years in San Diego -- I thought he did ok - one of those years, if I recall right, the Padres opened the season on fire and jumped to a pretty good lead in the NL West through the first half of the season and then after the All Star break it all dissipated and the Padres finished out of the money........perhaps some of the game decisions during that slump are being referenced by the prior post.

I've always liked Bud Black and would like to see him managing the Halos after Scioscia which, probably could be next year as far as I am concerned.

But not getting the job now is probably better for all involved (as to Black, Roenecke and anyone else in line for the Halos skipper job) because I do not think 2017 will be kind to the Angels and another fourth (perhaps third place) finish may be awaiting us.

I would expect once that happens and Scioscia completes his 20th year as Halos skipper -- he will be kicked upstairs as a special assistant to Arte Moreno or something and then Roenecke or Black will take over

must have been his first season in San Diego -- the next year (I think after the front office again sold off/ traded most of their roster) the Padres were terrible,

in 2010 Bud Black was manager of the year.

Checking his managerial record -  I did not realize he managed San Diego for 8 plus seasons getting fired about two thirds of the way through his 9th season.

WOW. Time flies.

Bochy was manager there forever it seems (like yesterday) and now Bochy has been SF Giants manager for more than ten years........

when your guy has been here for 19 years plus now like Scioscia -- time seems to stand still.........

On October 4, 2016 at 3:51 PM, WeatherWonk said:

Kim Ng is one of the candidates for the job. I would love to see this finally happen.