• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official MLB Playoff Thread

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The Dogs have one hope: starting two lefties in games 6/7 that shut the Cubs out in games 2/3.

Of course, that was before Rizzo and Russell broke out of their wretched slumps.

Fingers crossed theyve broken out. Keeshaw and hill shut them down a few games ago.

Hoping the cuvs smell blood and go for the throat tomorrow. Dont know why, but agon annoys me.

If the nats can put up 4 on kershaw, the cubs can too. And really hoping kershae takes the L for the text wars ill get into with my buddies afterwards

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

I don't really buy into that stuff either, but yesterday, for whatever reason, Chapman looked very lackadaisical on the mound.

I think (hope) that was more him just keeping his arm lose. I also think part of it was him intentionally not pitching "his game"...smart pitchers sometimes throw things in games that are over to put it in the other guys head what they throw....so for example, if chapman comes in tomorrow with the game on the line, the dodgers will remember the pitches they hit more than the ones they didnt...and be looking for that pitch

How can MLB NOT have Rick Vaughn involved in some sort of capacity at the WS?   Charlie Sheen even said he'd love to be part of the festivities.

At least bring in Harry Doyle (err, Bob Uecker) to do an inning of announcing.   "Juuuust a bit outside."

Warning, gratuitous AO history reference incoming:

NBC even had the home team's regular announcer do 3 innings in each WS game in the 1960s/1970s.

16 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Part of it is just throwing strikes with a big lead, and not walking hitters.

This is what drives me NUTZ about the Angels relief the past couple years--and quite frankly any teams relief that does this. They come in and walk the first batter they see to start the inning which is pretty much the worst thing you can do. Or we'll bring in a lefty/lefty match up after the righty just got the first out for a strike, then the LEFTY walks the batter. Absurd. 

I'd argue in a case where they got a hit you're in better shape as a pitcher because you probably threw less pitches!

14 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Why is McCarver being mentioned?  Is he still announcing?

I don't know but can we cut it out immediately? Honestly I can't decide if him or Harold Reynolds are worse. At least Tim would shut up every once in a while!

13 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

McCarver gets a lot of grief here, but I'll give him some credit for calling Scott Spiezio's Game 6 home run seconds before the pitch.

He analyzed the long at-bat (the pitches were all up and/or away), and said "down and in, and it's 5-3". Then, BOOM.

I don't remember that, but that is a very nice memory to have. I do remember it was a friggin BATTLE from Speiz though, it seemed liked the at-bat kept going when he was down in the count, fouling off everything he didn't like. 

Might I say that is probably the ONLY prediction he ever had right in all my years of listening to him, and I'm glad he was. There were so many instances where he'd predict a pitch type, or what a batter or fielder was going to do, or should have done, and he was just blatantly wrong. And 9/10 times I'd be screaming "No they shouldn't have you idiot!" thinking to myself or bullshitting with my dad WHY they did the exact opposite of what McCarver wrongly commentated. Anywhoo, yeah, glad to get that off my chest. I'll have to watch that part with Speizio some time. 

By the way, did you guys know the entire every game of the 2002 World Series in its completion is on YouTube? Just so ya know.

34 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Don't understand all oft the hate on Blanton.  Did he offend Angel fans at some point and I missed it?

Seems like he successfully reinvented himself as a relief pitcher.  The Angels could have used him this year.......

I don't hate Blanton, but you've got to admit his pitching was offensive.