• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout not hurt in a car accident.

HaloFan85

13 hours ago, ELEVEN said:

OMG!! Boil some google!!!11!!!!

Google just being google.  I typed 'Trout car accident' and nothing.  Then I tried 'Mike Trout car accident' and presto.

Sorry for causing any headline scare.  Didn't want to freak anyone out.  That's why I mentioned seeing him on the news 'talking' with officers in my initial post.  My main concern after that was injuries to others.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't also a little scared about alcohol (a beer or two) being involved, with him having a off day today.

55 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Her car probably weighed less than half of the Mercedes. Newtonian physics regarding momentum would take over. Even with the best braking systems and tires it's going to be really hard to stop quicker than the much lighter vehicle. But yeah, this is why you have car insurance. 

2014 CLS63 AMG 70-0 148ft

2014 Chevy Sonic 70-0 168ft

Car and Driver

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Her car probably weighed less than half of the Mercedes. Newtonian physics regarding momentum would take over. Even with the best braking systems and tires it's going to be really hard to stop quicker than the much lighter vehicle. But yeah, this is why you have car insurance. 

You might want to check the braking distance between the two cars. I imagine a Sonic is laughably poor. German cars outperform everything else on the road despite their weight. However, you have $2K brake jobs every 50K.

21 minutes ago, CF8 said:

You might want to check the braking distance between the two cars. I imagine a Sonic is laughably poor. German cars outperform everything else on the road despite their weight. However, you have $2K brake jobs every 50K.

Sure but even the ridiculously superior technology wise but heavier AMG only gives the driver 20 feet buffer or at 60 mph  approximately 1/4 second of road advantage ignoring factors of potentially unequal available stopping distances. I'll still file that under hard. That is what I meant.

i was in an accident back in march under similar circumstances. two cars ahead of me, some doosh tried to pass to the left only to discover there was no lane to drive in. he yanks it back into the fast lane and forces the car that is already there to swerve into my lane. colliding with him was unavoidable. insurance took care of my car and i wasn't at fault. i suspect something similar here with trout, especially since there was an accident ahead of them. if the car with the lady had nowhere to go, then the collision may have been unavoidable. of course, if trout were tailgating or speeding, then this story may have a different ending legally, but there hasn't been any mention of that yet.

1 hour ago, Ray McKigney said:

I sincerely hope no one here is implying that Trout is at fault in any way. Trout's got the reflexes of a puma, the strength of a grizzly, and the wisdom of a man.

.....And the driving experience and instincts of a 25 year old who probably doesn't drive all that much.

1 minute ago, AngelArcher said:

I remember reading recently that Trout just got his license. Did anyone else read or hear about that? Also, I'm pretty sure any time you rear end someone you're at fault. 

I think the presumption is that you're at fault, but I believe there are some circumstances that would lessen or remove that.

Any claims adjusters here to help us on this?