• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout not hurt in a car accident.

HaloFan85

11 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Trout is a New Jersey resident. I've driven on the New Jersey turnpike and it's dangerous. People are always in a big f'n hurry. 

I stop for gas on the New Jersey turnpike, It was like a small city on an island with stores movie theaters, restaurants, and just about anything else you might want, right in the middle of the turnpike.

10 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

He was not cited, so that tells me he wasn't speeding or otherwise driving unsafely.

For insurance purposes he might be liable for damages. But I'm sure he's got maximum limits on his policy, so that will cover a lot of medical expenses. We don't know how serious the woman's injuries are. There's been no update so far.

My Dad added an umbrella policy to his car insurance, up to a million dollars in personal injury liability. I believe there are options on coverage up to $5 million. These policies generally don't cost that much.

I have umbrella insurance, $5 million for just over $500 a year. 

18 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

He was not cited, so that tells me he wasn't speeding or otherwise driving unsafely.

For insurance purposes he might be liable for damages. But I'm sure he's got maximum limits on his policy, so that will cover a lot of medical expenses. We don't know how serious the woman's injuries are. There's been no update so far.

My Dad added an umbrella policy to his car insurance, up to a million dollars in personal injury liability. I believe there are options on coverage up to $5 million. These policies generally don't cost that much.

Advise him to bump it up to $5 million. Not all that much more in premium for much more coverage. (or at least $2 million. He may be shocked to see how negligible the difference is to double his coverage).

Most carriers will go up to $5M.  Travelers will cover up to $10M 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Advise him to bump it up to $5 million. Not all that much more in premium for much more coverage. (or at least $2 million. He may be shocked to see how negligible the difference is to double his coverage).

Most carriers will go up to $5M.  Travelers will cover up to $10M 

My post was really unclear. I should have said "my late father". That was many years ago. After my parents bought their home in Palos Verdes and my Dad was making a lot more money at his job, he wanted the umbrella policy to protect his assets. A million dollars was enough back then. Our home in PV, a four-bedroom with a pool on a large lot, cost $68,000 in 1972. It's on Zillow now for $1.2 million.

32 minutes ago, Robrock30 said:

Lou,  

Did you ever hangout at the Red Onion back in the late 80's early 90's?

These posts are accurate of what I experienced at Santa Ana. Fun scene.

http://www.octhen.com/2009/04/confettis-nightclub-orange.htm?m=1

Ha. quite a few times. fish in a barrel.....lol

i saw the reference to Mardi Gras in LB. Fun place. Got in a brawl there once. Idiot bouncers kicked both of our groups out at the same time so it just continued in the parking lot. 

Lou, 

With age one learns never get into brawls or cast aspersions or you have to up your umbrella coverage even more.  As Daygloman who knows me a bit from a previous board, just let it roll off your back. Too old for Red Onion experience now.  I only drink moderately these days too.  Still love to party but not as hard.

6 hours ago, Robrock30 said:

Lou, 

With age one learns never get into brawls or cast aspersions or you have to up your umbrella coverage even more.  As Daygloman who knows me a bit from a previous board, just let it roll off your back. Too old for Red Onion experience now.  I only drink moderately these days too.  Still love to party but not as hard.

Ha. This could have been written by me -  word for word.

Those days are long gone.