• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout not hurt in a car accident.

HaloFan85

Daygloman,

I also remember waking up every morning to miserable smog after returning just a few hours earlier from the Red Onion.  Delicious all you can eat breakfast omelets made to order etc.  go to work, and by lunch smog totally cleared into beautiful sunshine day.  Back to Embassy Suites for happy hour where I invited everybody and get the party started. Great deal.  They had a Mexican restaurant in the lobby too, but I remember going to a Mexican outdoor restaurant with long banquet tables somewhere.  Felt like going to a wedding home style Mexican food delicious.  Also went to Medieval Times place.  Ah the late 80's summer.  You surely must know these places.

Then I moved on up to West LA lived on Wilshire Blvd. walking distance to Westwood near UCLA worked out of 11111 Santa Monica Blvd. by Sepulveda near 405.  I toured Disney studios I remember with Jaws reenactment  and used to meetup with entertainment lawyer friend from way back in the day over at Malibu Chart House by the pier.  Great times.

4 minutes ago, Robrock30 said:

Daygloman,

I also remember waking up every morning to miserable smog after returning just a few hours earlier from the Red Onion.  Delicious all you can eat breakfast omelets made to order etc.  go to work, and by lunch smog totally cleared into beautiful sunshine day.  Back to Embassy Suites for happy hour where I invited everybody and get the party started. Great deal.  They had a Mexican restaurant in the lobby too, but I remember going to a Mexican outdoor restaurant with long banquet tables somewhere.  Felt like going to a wedding home style Mexican food delicious.  Also went to Medieval Times place.  Ah the late 80's summer.  You surely must know these places.

Then I moved on up to West LA lived on Wilshire Blvd. walking distance to Westwood near UCLA worked out of 11111 Santa Monica Blvd. by Sepulveda near 405.  I toured Disney studios I remember with Jaws reenactment  and used to meetup with entertainment lawyer friend from way back in the day over at Malibu Chart House by the pier.  Great times.

I read the above post to the below beat and flow:

I also like Northern California San Francisco, wine country Napa, Monterey, Carmel, Pebble Beach, Big Sur, Hearst Castle ( most amazing place I've ever experienced just missed an earthquake there pre Christmas maybe 2004 as I was in Napa by then Monday night football game with Brett Favre playing in Oakland after his dad had heart attack ).

15 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

I'm glad the responders were able to laugh and joke with their favorite player while a lady is seriously injured and trapped in the car 10 feet away from them.

Yeah, it was crazy how those pics were taken when she was still stuck in the car, hence why the person taking the pictures didnt get any pictures of the fire guys extracting her, just a pic of her car after fire already cleared. And how they already knew he was mike trout, while someone was stuck in a car...in lanes of traffic....

Like most multi car accidents, im sure this entire event took 4 minutes. Not like they were out there for another hour after the ambulance took her away....taking statemennts, measurements, getting the cars towed and all that.

18 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I'm confused to how the car he rear ended was hit on the drivers door. Did her car go vertical trying to stop?

According to a report from the California Highway Patrol obtained by the Orange County Register, Trout swerved to avoid traffic that came to a stop in front of him and the right-front of his car collided with the rear bumper of a Chevrolet Sonic. The impact pushed the compact car forward and spun it in a clockwise rotation until the left side of the Chevrolet collided into the rear of a GMC truck.

http://thesportsdaily.com/report-mike-trout-uninjured-in-freeway-car-crash/

37 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

According to a report from the California Highway Patrol obtained by the Orange County Register, Trout swerved to avoid traffic that came to a stop in front of him and the right-front of his car collided with the rear bumper of a Chevrolet Sonic. The impact pushed the compact car forward and spun it in a clockwise rotation until the left side of the Chevrolet collided into the rear of a GMC truck.

http://thesportsdaily.com/report-mike-trout-uninjured-in-freeway-car-crash/

I don't like the sound of 'major injuries'. Hope it's nothing too serious. 

He was not cited, so that tells me he wasn't speeding or otherwise driving unsafely.

For insurance purposes he might be liable for damages. But I'm sure he's got maximum limits on his policy, so that will cover a lot of medical expenses. We don't know how serious the woman's injuries are. There's been no update so far.

My Dad added an umbrella policy to his car insurance, up to a million dollars in personal injury liability. I believe there are options on coverage up to $5 million. These policies generally don't cost that much.

Keep in mind he can be cited afterwards when the collision investigator processes it. They could choose not to cite him, based on the collision proceeding it. But keep in mind regardless, he could have been going 1 mph...if you rear end someone, the vehicle code states "unsafe speed for conditions". Basically, it says never drive your vehicle too fast that you cant brake in time to avoid colliding with someone in front of you.

If he has an umbrella policy it should cover most if not all of the medical expenses, depending on the length and complexity of the treatment required. It's the "pain and suffering" part that results in the really big bucks in a lawsuit.

Tort reform has been talked about for years, but nothing much has been done about it. 

I'm luckier than Trout, in the sense that I own very little. There's not much to take after the insurance delivers.

On 9/1/2016 at 7:19 AM, fan_since79 said:

ABC 7 reports that a witness to the accident, which occurred around 9 p.m., said Trout’s brakes locked up and he struck the woman’s vehicle while attempting to avoid a different crash on the 55 Freeway

Trout was driving a brand new Mercedes. I am sure they have anti-locking brakes. So they didn't lock up.