• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout not hurt in a car accident.

HaloFan85

33 minutes ago, failos said:

Just saw this on abc7. Holy crap, glad everyone's okay. 

The woman in the Sonic that was hit by Trout's car suffered "major injuries", according to this report. There's no update yet on her condition.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/09/01/angels-trout-involved-in-car-crash-after-game-not-hurt/89687114/

Trout was traveling southbound on the 55 when traffic ahead of him came to a stop due to an unrelated accident, according to the CHP. Trout's car swerved and the right-front of his car collided with the rear bumper of the Sonic. The impact sent the compact car careening into a truck stopped ahead of it, before the Sonic came to a rest alongside a fence on the shoulder of the roadway.

22 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The woman in the Sonic that was hit by Trout's car suffered "major injuries", according to this report. There's no update yet on her condition.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/09/01/angels-trout-involved-in-car-crash-after-game-not-hurt/89687114/

Trout was traveling southbound on the 55 when traffic ahead of him came to a stop due to an unrelated accident, according to the CHP. Trout's car swerved and the right-front of his car collided with the rear bumper of the Sonic. The impact sent the compact car careening into a truck stopped ahead of it, before the Sonic came to a rest alongside a fence on the shoulder of the roadway.

Thanks. The article I read didn't even mention her condition (shitty abc7). I hope she recovers from this. Scary stuff.

10 hours ago, Kenny said:

It's changed, but man, I saw a headline on another site that just said, "Mike Trout involved in car accident". It's pretty nerve racking to read that anyway, but it's got an extra bit of sting when it's an Angel involved.

hard not to be reminded about Adenhart

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

If Trouts car hit the other like reported, there will be a major league law suit.

6 minutes ago, stormngt said:

If Trouts car hit the other like reported, there will be a major league law suit.

I'm not an insurance expert, but if I understand it correctly, he may not be criminally at fault, but for insurance purposes be held responsible for the collision and the subsequent damages.

On many occasions through the years I've had to brake suddenly for traffic stopped in front of me, and I wasn't speeding. It can come up on you quicker than you realize at freeway speeds.

7 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

How do the brakes lock up in a late model Mercedes? Did he turn the traction control off or something?

They didn't lock up, unless his ABS malfunctioned. I don't know who's saying they locked up. Also traction control is a separate system from ABS and while traction control can be turned off on a lot of cars, ABS isn't typically switchable.

1 hour ago, Kenny said:

The way witnesses describe it: Crash occurred ahead of him and the woman in the car in front of him.  She slams on her brakes, and Trout does the same.  His brakes lock up, and the impact of him hitting her, sent her car into another vehicle.

Let's get something straight, a Chevy Aveo hits the brakes and a $130,000 Mercedes goes into skid because the "brakes locked up" and can't avoid the collision? Yeah, I'm not aboard on this one, the Mercedes has complete stability control and anti lock brakes along with other safety features that allow the driver to brake faster and apply the right amount of brake pressure depending upon the speed the car was going.

Her car probably weighed less than half of the Mercedes. Newtonian physics regarding momentum would take over. Even with the best braking systems and tires it's going to be really hard to stop quicker than the much lighter vehicle. But yeah, this is why you have car insurance. 

That's just what I heard a witness had said.  I was actually thinking the same thing.  Either the witness doesn't understand what it means to have brakes lock up, and just means he hit the brakes hard, or they're lying.  Or Mercedes has a lawsuit coming their way.

2 minutes ago, Kenny said:

That's just what I heard a witness had said.  I was actually thinking the same thing.  Either the witness doesn't understand what it means to have brakes lock up, and just means he hit the brakes hard, or they're lying.  Or Mercedes has a lawsuit coming their way.

I'd love to see that smug f*cker Fletcher Jones Jr. get hit with a huge law suit.