• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Skaggs

Ohtaniland

The pessimist in me thinks Skaggs will never amount to much, with chronic injury issues. But he also seems to have good upside, more than even Heaney, maybe (Heaney's ceiling is a lot more limited than some imagine, I think).

But if you look at his career so far, including the minors, he just has never really been able to gather the momentum necessary to develop fully.

32 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

The pessimist in me thinks Skaggs will never amount to much, with chronic injury issues. But he also seems to have good upside, more than even Heaney, maybe (Heaney's ceiling is a lot more limited than some imagine, I think).

But if you look at his career so far, including the minors, he just has never really been able to gather the momentum necessary to develop fully.

Those 5+ era's won't keep him in the rotation very long.  

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

He looked low to mid 90's today. I'm not concerned about his veto, if anything the 97 in spring training should've been the red flag. 

Most of his trouble seems to come from a lack of command, and maybe the lack of a quality third pitch (though I say that about everyone).

he's got a good changeup.  not sure why he rarely uses it.  

6 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I really wish they used these next 4 or 5 weeks as an extended spring training. Just have guys go out there working on stuff. 

I still think he should've stayed in AAA until next spring. He's got talent but this is what happens when a team is desperate and runs out of options. 

I just hope he's not having a setback. 

It's too early to make a decision on what Skaggs is. Just as it was two early to pencil him in as a number 2 starter just three weeks ago. The dude has a high ceiling but is inconsistent. He has pitched this season just as he has in every season before. Before we start basing our offseason plans on having a strong #1 (Richards), #2 (Skaggs), and #5 (Nolasco) it might be time to start basing our offseason plans on having a #2 (Richards), #4 (Skaggs), and #5 (Nolasco). Not only are those the only rotation pieces we really have, but our top too starters are a little injury prone.