• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cam Bedrosian Appreciation Thread

m0nkey

A lot of people were shitting on him early in the year, maybe for good reason (though he had only thrown about 50 innings in the majors), but since his re-call in late april, he's gone 34.0 innings, 38 k's, 25 hits, 9 walks, .79 ERA, and hitters have a .205/.269/.246 line against him.  Doesn't include his 1-2-3 8th inning tonight, striking out KC's 3-4-5 hitters.

I will admit to being a big critic of him in the past. Whether being sent back to the minors set a fire under his bum or not, he looks completely different. Much more confident looking. The reduction in walks is the biggest surprise to me. 

Would like to see him continue his success into next season before giving him the closer role. 

Not to throw cold water on this, because I really like the guy, but he hasn't done it for a full season yet.  In the majors adjustments get made.  I hope he becomes our closer next year or in 2018, but until then a little part of me remains skeptical.  There's a lot to setting up and closing that is strictly mental, and for the last couple of years up until a couple of months into this year that wasn't something he had in spades, he pitched with little confidence.  I hope he's truly turned that corner.  Let's see what happens when he gets rocked a couple of times, and it will happen.

I think the team is handling it correctly by slowly moving him into higher leverage situations, i.e. build up his confidence without getting bombed and mentally torn up and confused.  I loved the wicked curve balls and sliders tonight, but Kansas City is more of a fast ball hitting team.  If they lay off those breaking balls will they get the fastballs they want?

His velocity is higher than his dad's ever was.    And now that the slider is becoming huge for him like it was for his dad, yowsa!

0.95 ERA on the season so far over 38 innings (45/11 Ks/BBs), and 21.2 scoreless innings (0.65 WHIP in that time)

Are the scoreless innings close to a franchise record for a reliever? 

It's good that he hasn't been overused either.   Don't need anything to happen to that talented arm/shoulder. 

55 minutes ago, fanfromday1 said:

Hypothetical - Let's say another team does come calling for Bedrosian, what would the Angels be asking for in return?

A starting pitcher, a leftfielder, or high end minor leaguers?

Or would the Angels just say - NO ! !

Think something along the lines of the Ken Giles trade: Five propsects two of which were higher end in Velasquez (nice high quality starter), Appel (former 1st round pick), organizational lefty back-end starter in Olberhotzer, right-handed starter Nathan Arauz (good righty in A ball), and INF Jonathan Arauz (throw in).

i.e. a good haul