• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-17 LA Kings Thread

nando714

38 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Lombardi screwed himself with the waaaaay too long/too pricey Brown and Gaby contracts.

Even during the 2014 SC run, Brown showed signs of decline.  Gaby was already a hot and cold and aging guy by then. 

I don't think he cared. I think he wanted to both reward the players that won him two cups and maximize the chance for another cup short term before leaving town. The implications for the team in 2022 I don't think mattered to him.

44 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Lombardi screwed himself with the waaaaay too long/too pricey Brown and Gaby contracts.

Even during the 2014 SC run, Brown showed signs of decline.  Gaby was already a hot and cold and aging guy by then. 

Remember he wanted to give Lucic a long term deal though thankfully the Oilers overpaid him.

I think the good news for the Kings is that you guys do have assets to trade from in order to hopefully mitigate a full on tear down rebuild.  Guys like Muzzin or Martinez.  Even Pearson or Toffoli could probably net solid returns.  Obviously Bishop is another piece you can maybe find a team Interested in early negotiating access to. This offseason in particular  should have lots of teams looking to make moves pre expansion draft.  Much depends on Blakes competence right now and how much of a learning curve He's gonna have.  If he's competent there's opportunity to fix problems quickly.   

What would it take for you guys to entertain the idea of trading Quick ? IMO Doughty is untouchable but is there any scenario where you'd think about moving him ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

Quick's trade value is next to nil because goalies have next to none so I'm not sure that is much point unless you really want to clear the cap room. Bishop's value would be only if Vegas signs him protecting the rest of the roster. Unless I saw a realistic path to compete for a cup within 2 to 3 years I wouldn't necessarily consider anyone untouchable. Being a consistently mediocre team is death in this league.

Ass't coach Davis Gaines won't be back, either. I was thinking he might be someone they'd give a long look.

i have no idea who they should look at to replace Sutter. It also means no more Chris Sutter at home games, fwiw.

Quick rant.

The most annoying thing to come out of this is people mentioning coaching staff including Sutter being locked out of the locker room after a game because these keyboard warriors who have never put on pads have no idea why a team would do that. "They must really hate Sutter if they locked him out!"  #$!#@$@  This stupidity drives me up the wall. The team I coached on last season locked us coaches out 3 times and I couldn't have been prouder. It may have been time for Sutter to move on but it certainly wasn't because of a players only meeting in the dog days of the season.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Schildog said:

Stevens promoted to head coach. I'm fine with that.

Since they (allegedly) promised him the job once Sutter left when he re-upped it would have been kind of messed up to renege on the deal. But he probably is the best man for the job regardless. 

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

I'm okay with this hire, though I find it somewhat interesting that they wanted to go a new direction but hired someone from the old regime.

Joe Maddon was part of Scioscia's old regime but clearly they aren't exactly the same type of managers.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I don't know where to post this so I'll post it here...

Have the Angels been playing the Ducks goal song whenever we hit a HR? Have they been doing this all season or just recently as a way to "support" the Ducks in their playoff run? Because I think I hear it and I'm going, "Yeah! Home Run! God damn it... it's the Ducks goal song. Boo!"

18 minutes ago, TooCool said:

Man, I don't know where to post this so I'll post it here...

Have the Angels been playing the Ducks goal song whenever we hit a HR? Have they been doing this all season or just recently as a way to "support" the Ducks in their playoff run? Because I think I hear it and I'm going, "Yeah! Home Run! God damn it... it's the Ducks goal song. Boo!"

Officially. 

http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/fan_forum/ballpark_music.jsp?c_id=ana

Home Runs Song Thumbnail

Chelsea Dagger
The Fratellis

But since it's still Duck season, haven't been paying attention to the Angels.  So could be. 

Just now, gotbeer said:

Officially. 

http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/fan_forum/ballpark_music.jsp?c_id=ana

Home Runs Song Thumbnail

Chelsea Dagger
The Fratellis

But since it's still Duck season, haven't been paying attention to the Angels.  So could be. 

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Hey Ducks, nice use of the BLACK HAWKS longtime song for goal scoring!   SMFH

Halos can use it, no other MLB team uses it.

Ahhh that's right. I think I got used to the Blackhawks goal song that I kind of tune it out. But the Ducks goal song just got on my nerves. lol

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20170601/la-kings-pick-alex-faust-to-replace-bob-miller-on-tv

Alex Faust’s late rush up the ice has resulted in perhaps a most unlikely goal scored.

From not even on the Kings’ radar three months ago, the 28-year-old with just one NHL game on his resume eventually became too good to pass up as the franchise’s choice to replace the retiring Bob Miller in the TV play-by-play role.

From his body of work above this seems to be a good choice.

replacing a legend is tough, but that's what miller had to do when he was hired to replace jiggs macdonald, and bob ended up doing okay. faust will be fine as long as he just is himself. he's walking into a good situation with an excellent color man in jim fox and a loyal fan base.