• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-17 LA Kings Thread

nando714

i don't figure brown's career as a king will last much longer. all i hope is that they get something useable for him.

it's a shame, really, that his scoring has dropped off so much. he'll always hold a special place in team history as the first LA King to hold the Cup.

NHL Rumors: Stars, Lightning, Kings and Drouin

Multiple sources that are close to the Lightning are saying that they are in talks with the Los Angeles Kings and others about forward Jonathan Drouin.

Trade talks with Kings involve defenseman Jake Muzzin, with other pieces being discussed.

The Kings are looking for a top-six winger and could be willing to trade one of Muzzin or Alec Martinez.

The Anahiem Ducks (Sami Vatanen) and Minnesota Wild (Jonas Brodin) have been linked to Drouin.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

i don't figure brown's career as a king will last much longer. all i hope is that they get something useable for him.

The agitators have been wearing down at an alarming rate. Mike Richards. Corey Perry seems to be in the same boat for the Ducks. God knows how many concussions each of them have had in their career. The actual number is probably terrifying. 

51 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The agitators have been wearing down at an alarming rate. Mike Richards. Corey Perry seems to be in the same boat for the Ducks. God knows how many concussions each of them have had in their career. The actual number is probably terrifying. 

Perry is done.  And I agree.  The number of concussions, even minor, has to be pretty high.  Perry isn't even a physical force anymore.  Almost like he doesn't want to get hit.  His things used to be chip the puck into the zone along the boards, get by the D, then have the puck behind the net.  But now, he just gets pinned to the boards for an easy turnover.  The other thing he doesn't do much anymore is park himself in front of the net.  He's just out in the corners picking daisy's with not a care in the world. 

I really don't know if Perry just needs a change in scenery, or if he is totally done.  But on the Ducks, since you can't change the scenery, I just can't see him being anything but a 3rd or 4th line winger.

14 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I've been seeing Evander Kane also being mentioned. Though if I heard correctly he only has one year left on his deal and the Kings have already been burned on that.

He'll have a good year since it's a contract year.  Then go all rapey rapey after that.  I'm just glad there are no rumors connecting him to the Ducks. 

Just now, gotbeer said:

He'll have a good year since it's a contract year.  Then go all rapey rapey after that.  I'm just glad there are no rumors connecting him to the Ducks. 

I'm sure there will be. It sounds like the Sabres are going to trade him this offseason no matter what.

On 6/12/2017 at 6:28 PM, mrwicked said:

im curious how long it takes until lombardi announces brown's contract null and void because he was mysteriously found with 11 lady boy hookers and a pound of meth in Tijuana. 

Um..Lombardi was fired two months ago.  That would be Rob Blake's job now to say. And btw if you are caught doing that you shouldn't be fired. You should get some sort of fucking achievement trophy!

No surprises there. I think we're all assuming Brown will be gone. Getting someone to take Gaborik is going to be a challenge. Such a horrible contract for someone so fragile and unproductive.

Yep, I HIGHLY doubt that Vegas takes either Brown or Gaborik.    Some would say that Brown might provide leadership.   True, but he is not very productive at all anymore.   Five years/$30 million is a lot.  

And that four years/$20 million left for Gaborik is almost an eyesore, with the tight NHL salary cap. 

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Yep, I HIGHLY doubt that Vegas takes either Brown or Gaborik.    Some would say that Brown might provide leadership.   True, but he is not very productive at all anymore.   Five years/$30 million is a lot.  

And that four years/$20 million left for Gaborik is almost an eyesore, with the tight NHL salary cap. 

Only Way Brown is selected is if the Kings include their first round pick.  Vegas seems to be going the Big contract, + either a first round pick or a very good young player (as in Chicago's case)