• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-17 LA Kings Thread

nando714

18 hours ago, Thomas said:

Well clearly the purpose of this trade is to um... uh.. I have no idea.

Sorry for the intrusion.  But yeah, I don't get this trade either.  The only thing I can think of, is this is a defensive trade in that the Kings believe that Bishop will be a target for the Las Vegas Magnetos.  One of the rules is, if you sign an UFA or RFA from another team, then that counts as your pick for that team.  So maybe that's their strategy?  The only other thing I can think of is that they don't think Quick is 100%.  Of course if he isn't, he sure did fool me against the Ducks.

9 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Sorry for the intrusion.  But yeah, I don't get this trade either.  The only thing I can think of, is this is a defensive trade in that the Kings believe that Bishop will be a target for the Las Vegas Magnetos.  One of the rules is, if you sign an UFA or RFA from another team, then that counts as your pick for that team.  So maybe that's their strategy?  The only other thing I can think of is that they don't think Quick is 100%.  Of course if he isn't, he sure did fool me against the Ducks.

Good info about the signing aspect. Hehe on Magnetos. Thinking about it I don't think they are very sold on Budaj. He hasn't been very consistent for the past few weeks though it seemed that he was turning it around. More importantly with the scoring being so so bad for the team the are going to have to play more reckless and depend on the goaltending to bail them out more than on a normal Sutter coached team, akin to the Kings in 2014 playoffs and hope for the best. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Good offensive game, bad defensive game, but they did get a point in a difficult place to play (Minnesota).

With no goal scoring what other choice do they have but to play like this?  Though playing Minnesota will only further encourage this style of play. Maybe it'll get some of the player's out of their offensive slump? Though Gaborik having a good game was encouraging.

https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/bob-miller-news-conference-scheduled-for-thursday/c-287209822

The LA Kings and television play-by-play announcer Bob Miller will host a news conference to regarding the Hall of Famer's future plans this Thursday at 3 p.m. in the Chick Hearn Press Room at STAPLES Center.

"I have received a lot of inquiries about my health situation and I appreciate the concern. I think it's time to bring everyone up to date on my progress and what's ahead in my future," Miller said.

Thanks for getting Ben Bishop out of the Rangers conference.

Guy has been a Ranger killer from day 1.

9-2 with a 2.03 GAA

Look at his stats vs the Ducks though. That alone may make this trade worthwhile.  7-0 with a 1.24 GAA

I thought bishop was solid last night. Kings have (I believe) 4 or 5 sets of back to back games left. Budaj was dragging ass the last couple of weeks so I can see why deano wanted an upgrade and also sutter said they wanted to give quick a light work load

also no trade news just. Kings just looking at inginla. 7 years too late

41 minutes ago, Thomas said:

It's an upgrade if only because Iginla may be useful on the 2nd PP unit and mostly stay out of the way otherwise.

And the kings keep the draft pick if they miss the playoffs or if inginla doesn't re sign. So he may just be a free pick up lol

1 minute ago, nando714 said:

And the kings keep the draft pick if they miss the playoffs or if inginla doesn't re sign. So he may just be a free pick up lol

Which is about what he's worth.

During my jr. high years, one thing my bro and I enjoyed a lot was playing hockey in the garage after homework was done and taking a radio with us to listen to Bob call the game. It was damn near perfect. 

Bob, Chick, Vinny, and Dick Enberg - a sports fan's Mount Rushmore of brilliance. Boy, were we privileged.

great game last night. they hung tough and the defense really tightened up on the leafs, who have some very talented kids. they're going to be a fun team to watch for the next several years.

thought iginla did okay in his debut. should help his offense quite a bit to skate with either kopi or carter.

Bob Miller hopes to be behind the mic for the Kings last home game on april 8 and again the next night in anaheim for the season finale.