• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-17 LA Kings Thread

nando714

bob miller hospitalized yesterday. was feeling discomfort and they admitted him to usc for further tests. he's 78 and recovering from quad bypass last year.

on a personal note. my brother and i met bob and talked to him at the fan fair Thursday night at the convention center. even took a selfie with him. he couldn't possibly have been nicer. we've been extremely privileged to listen to him call kings games for 40+ years. he's as good as any announcer out there. he's our vin scully, our chick hearn.

kings said bob had a minor stroke and was admitted for further testing. he seems to be in good spirits. no idea if he's still hospitalized or if/when he'll be able to return to work. the team is about to begin their annual grammy road trip and he wasn't planning to go on it, so he's only missing two of his scheduled games over the next three weeks.

here's hoping he recovers quickly and his health is restored.

On 1/29/2017 at 11:13 AM, Tank said:

On a personal note. my brother and i met bob and talked to him at the fan fair Thursday night at the convention center.

Maybe 10 years back now I was waiting at Staples with some people to a play our hockey game after the Kings game had concluded.  Bob Miller wanders over to our group and starts up a conversation. You of course remember how lean those mid-2000s were for the team. You could really tell in his voice that their lack of success was wearing on him and he really wanted to team to win a cup before he retired. Incredibly gracious. Not a ounce of pretense.