• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto's Mariners

8 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Honestly, you should be more worried about the Rangers. 

I know I should be as they are in 1st ... but I honestly think the Astros are a more complete team than either the Rangers or the Mariners .... they just had that horrendous start.

They are the ones with a big series against Texas now ... shall see how they do. 

2 hours ago, Ender said:

I'd be worried about the sweep against Texas if it was September. Luckily its the beginning of June with much baseball left to be played.

I'm just displeased about the sweep. Not giving up hope yet.

Season ended today we'd be in the post season. How about the Angels?

Honestly more worried about the Astros than the Rangers. 

Bro, its always good to have fans from other sites on here. But you cant seriously be bragging about june records and post seasons on here....are you? Haha..

8 hours ago, Ender said:

I know I should be as they are in 1st ... but I honestly think the Astros are a more complete team than either the Rangers or the Mariners .... they just had that horrendous start.

They are the ones with a big series against Texas now ... shall see how they do. 

The Astros have been a sub .500 team for a full season now

I'm intrigued by the strength of schedule argument for a few reasons. First is that some teams just match up better regardless of their overall record. For years the Angels played the Yankees tough no matter their individual season record. Angels also used to dominate interleague play, no matter the division.

Also, early in the season at least, your opponent's record is highly determined by how well you play them. That can be normalized as the season goes on but there are plenty of teams hovering around .500 who will fluctuate before season's end, lending some volatility to the record against winning teams.

1 hour ago, cezero said:

Baseball fans in Seattle (there aren't many of us) knew that it was going to get tougher when we had to play good teams consistently. It seems like in May, the only .500 team we played was Baltimore. Losing Marte, Martin, and Felix has hurt pretty badly...lots of errors by their replacements in a few of the games we've lost during this skid. 

From the beginning of the season, I said I would be happy with hovering at a couple of games above .500.  I'm pretty confident we can at least stay there, and it's a long season, so jumping to any conclusions right now is beyond silly. I really want to see what Dipoto does this July and this offseason. It'll be interesting for fans to figure out the dynamic between him and the new ownership group. 

Thank you to the 1 or 2 of you in this thread who can look at the game of baseball through a broader lens than just Dipoto and the Angels.

I disagree.

There are plenty of Baseball fans in Seattle ( I spent time up there when the Mariners were a pretty good team and people  actually endured the Kingdome to watch them) It's just been so long that they have suffered without a real baseball team to get behind.

Seattle area has great sports fans that will come in droves to support decent and relevant teams. I've been to Sonics, Seahawks, Huskies, and Mariners games, and there aren't better sports fans anywhere.  

16 hours ago, Ender said:

I could say the same about Angels fans ... but here you guys are making topics on the Mariners ...

Obviously there is a lack of topics posted on the Mariners forum for you to read so we thought we'd give a little forum space up to discuss more than just our team. That way you'd feel at home... well not really, since your home isn't that interesting.

12 hours ago, Blarg said:

Obviously there is a lack of topics posted on the Mariners forum for you to read so we thought we'd give a little forum space up to discuss more than just our team. That way you'd feel at home... well not really, since your home isn't that interesting.

My home is Connecticut. Never been to Seattle. Hear it's nice.

18 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

The Mariners have a nice streak going ... hope they don't go and screw it up.

We went and screwed it up.

On 6/3/2016 at 6:03 AM, DropOfAnaheim said:

Being a halo fan is filled with pain. It is one thing being in last place. It is another seeing that quitter succeeding with the perpetual also rans from the Emerald City. They overcame a 10 run defecit last night to win again last night. We got Pujols though.

Arte Moreno chose Mike Scioscia over Jerry Dipoo in the front office power struggle last summer.  I hope he's happy with the results.

On 6/7/2016 at 8:42 AM, Jobu said:

I'm intrigued by the strength of schedule argument for a few reasons. First is that some teams just match up better regardless of their overall record. For years the Angels played the Yankees tough no matter their individual season record. Angels also used to dominate interleague play, no matter the division.

Also, early in the season at least, your opponent's record is highly determined by how well you play them. That can be normalized as the season goes on but there are plenty of teams hovering around .500 who will fluctuate before season's end, lending some volatility to the record against winning teams.

We got swept by the Twins..........

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ender said:

Two threads on the Mariners?

Yes -- more for you to police..    

This is the thread where you told us how you don't care what we think and the one I pointed out that the three guys you claimed weren't carrying the Mariners are in fact carrying the Mariners.

Hows learning to "deal with it" coming along?

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:16 PM, John Stellman said:

Arte Moreno chose Mike Scioscia over Jerry Dipoo in the front office power struggle last summer.  I hope he's happy with the results.

Dipoto ran away, Arte didn't have a choice to make. When you look at the clusterfuck Dipoto left behind it is obvious there was a need for a change in the front office.