• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto's Mariners

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yes -- more for you to police..    

This is the thread where you told us how you don't care what we think and the one I pointed out that the three guys you claimed weren't carrying the Mariners are in fact carrying the Mariners.

Hows learning to "deal with it" coming along?

I said " Mariner success is not driven only by Cano, Cruz and Seager ". I said they weren't the only reason for success.

A lot can change in time.

Shit. Chris Iannetta has the 2nd highest WAR for catchers in the AL.

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And judging by the M's recent free fall, M's fan will be getting fed up with Dipeutered in due time as well. 

It isn't Dipoto's fault we've been so abysmal in 1 run games recently.

39 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Is it the manager with no experience that Dipoto put in place?

I can't really fault him either. He has been consistent in his line-ups and use of platoon splits (and he doesn't play Cruz much in the outfield).

Tim Bogar is also his bench coach who has a pretty decent coaching resume. 

Only thing I am mad about is using Nori Aoki even though he has been literally worthless, but we have nothing in the farm .... and Boog Powell just got an 80 game suspension for ROIDS. Servais has even started using Dae Ho Lee more against RHP since Lind has been struggling.

Starting rotation is a mess and woefully under performing now .... bullpen has been a mess since the beginning (Furbush, Scribner, Cook, been on the DL all season, Zych for a while). 

Cishek is the best we could do for a closer (Benoit is older and had spent some time on the DL) and he's been ok ... sure he's blown saves but he has only allowed a .254 OBP.

Its the players faults. I don't know exact stats but the amount of failures I have seen with RISP is embarrassing. And the bullpen always coughs up runs when we fail to score the ONE we need.

Look at the stats of most of our bullpen ... (Edwin Diaz, Vidal Nuno, Steve Cishek, Joaquin Benoit, Mike Montgomery, Nick Vincent) ... none of their stats are really BAD ... but we just have failed.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=rel&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2016&month=0&season1=2016&ind=0&team=11&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0

Peralta is gone. Steve Johnson is gone. Guaipe is gone. Wilhelmsen mess is from the Rangers .... verdict still out.

1 hour ago, Ender said:

I can't really fault him either. He has been consistent in his line-ups and use of platoon splits (and he doesn't play Cruz much in the outfield).

Tim Bogar is also his bench coach who has a pretty decent coaching resume. 

Only thing I am mad about is using Nori Aoki even though he has been literally worthless, but we have nothing in the farm .... and Boog Powell just got an 80 game suspension for ROIDS. Servais has even started using Dae Ho Lee more against RHP since Lind has been struggling.

Starting rotation is a mess and woefully under performing now .... bullpen has been a mess since the beginning (Furbush, Scribner, Cook, been on the DL all season, Zych for a while). 

Cishek is the best we could do for a closer (Benoit is older and had spent some time on the DL) and he's been ok ... sure he's blown saves but he has only allowed a .254 OBP.

Its the players faults. I don't know exact stats but the amount of failures I have seen with RISP is embarrassing. And the bullpen always coughs up runs when we fail to score the ONE we need.

Look at the stats of most of our bullpen ... (Edwin Diaz, Vidal Nuno, Steve Cishek, Joaquin Benoit, Mike Montgomery, Nick Vincent) ... none of their stats are really BAD ... but we just have failed.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=rel&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2016&month=0&season1=2016&ind=0&team=11&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0

Peralta is gone. Steve Johnson is gone. Guaipe is gone. Wilhelmsen mess is from the Rangers .... verdict still out.

change a bunch of the names around and I feel like I'm reading one of my posts from last year.  

the pieces are there for the most part, but they just don't fit.  

31 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

A few weeks ago......."Felix Hernandez isn't even contributing, it's all about the players Jedi brought in"

Now........."The king is hurt of course we're struggling!"

BTW- no way Iannetta is the 2nd best catcher in the AL 

I don't make up the statistics. I just look at them.

And I said nothing about Felix being hurt. Of course him being hurt is bad. Miley is hurt. Walker is hurt. A replacement pitcher Sampson is hurt. Wade Leblanc starting tonight.

That is what I meant by the starting rotation is in pieces.

I'm not defending the Mariners. They have played like shit and been a bit unlucky.

I liked Dipoto when he was here and approved of most of his moves, but it's starting to feel like his acquisition philosophies rotate more around trying to pull off the savviest move or making a trade for the sake of moving players. Almost like he tries to emphasize too many believed market inefficiencies or metrics at once and without enough consistency and it results in a schizophrenicly-built roster. 

I felt Dipoto made a bunch of lateral moves. The rotation got a little better but he made the bullpen worse. He didn't do much with the offense but people were praising him for everything he did. I never understood it. It's still early and generally teams with a lot of new parts take longer to get it going, but I never got what he was doing up there

Dipoto was liked here simply because he replaced reagins, and he talked sabr, which we were all dying for after years of feeling like we were the last ones in baseball that hadnt caught up. 

He said some good things, made some good moves. He also made bad ones...but he wasnt reagins, and we usually brushed it off as "it made sense when he did it."

20 minutes ago, JAHV76 said:

http://calltothepen.com/2016/06/24/seattle-mariners-boog-powell-suspended-80-games/

Boog Powell suspended 80 games. Isn't he one of their best prospects?

No not really. MLB has him listed as our 8th best prospect and I am sure Kyle Lewis is above him so that pushes him to 9. Joe Rizzo may also be above him.

Don't understand why Boog used PEDs ... he is a rather small dude.

• 2 months later...

M's recent streak included 6 games against LA and the A's...after this the get 6 against HOU, 3 against TOR...9 games against teams with actual talent who are competing with them for the Wild Card. They do have 4 against the A's at home to end the season so, if they are close, they are certainly set up for success.     

I would prefer calling them Scott Servais's Mariners...since he's probably had more to do with the play on the field up there than Dipoto has...doesn't really make it any easier to take, as he was sitting in our FO for a few seasons too.

The combo of Dipoto and Servais might have had a similar impact on this organization, but we will never know.

22 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I would prefer calling them Scott Servais's Mariners...since he's probably had more to do with the play on the field up there than Dipoto has...doesn't really make it any easier to take, as he was sitting in our FO for a few seasons too.

The combo of Dipoto and Servais might have had a similar impact on this organization, but we will never know.

You're right ... the Angels would of been on a much better path ... WS!

Servais>Scioscia