• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto's Mariners

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

Geeze man you just aren't hearing what I'm saying. I like the Ms. I think their team is built to win. I don't hate other fans. Giving Dipoto credit for their roster is simply silly. We'll see in a few years if he can build a team. 

I'm not giving him all the credit in the world. I know he walked into Cano, Cruz, Seager and Felix. Any GM would LOVE to walk into that.

But he did make some nice complimenting moves to flesh out the foundation of the team. I'm not proclaiming him as the best GM ever.

He made some good moves which is a lot more than I can say about Jack Zduriencik. 

In no way is the book closed on Dipoto, but I like what I've gotten so far. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, cezero said:

The people you're arguing with are a small group of crazies on here.  It's not worth it, and it's their board. 

Dipoto made a lot of very nice moves to strengthen the team in one offseason, but there's a long way to go. Nobody who understands baseball looks at the M's roster and thinks Dipoto has quite as little to do with the success so far.  You just won't find it in the real world.

I just finished watching the 66ers bungle their way through another game. These are all Dipoto's players from his drafts with very little talent.  

Good luck with that. 

Going into 2015 the Mariners were a popular pick to with the division. That he went out and got three 30-somethings to play regularly seems to indicate that he planned to compete this year. Lind and Aoki aren't quite Ibanez or Joyce level bad but when you miss very often on veteran fill-ins it hurts in the long run. I don't think anyone had any illusions of Ianetta being anything other that what he's been, a veteran catcher with occasional offensive days.

1 hour ago, nikkachez said:

Brought in Iannetta, Robertson, and O'Malley! But on a serious note, the man was busy this offseason. Lind, Iannetta, Lee, Martin, Cishek, Benoit, Miley, Karns, re-signing Iwakuma and Gutierrez. He's left his fingerprints. 

He left them here too. Some were fortunate he did, others not so much.

Dae Ho Lee is hitting .320 with 8 BOMBS and 20 rbi's??? Are we looking at the same stats here?? IF we had half of the Mariners guys Martin included who is hitting .260+ with 9 BOMBS 20 RBI an OBP% of .340 and a Slugging % of .800+???

I bet some of you guys wouldn't mind the Matt Joyce playing LF and hitting where he is now! .324 .467 .662 1.129 6 BOMBS 22 RBI's......

22 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Isn't that what you are supposed to do????...

Win the Games against lesser competition and play .500 or better against the best and You've put yourself in a Wild Card Spot at least! 

The Angels have played 41 games against teams that are .500 or better (21-20)

to the Mariners 18 (9-9)

like I said. The mariners have yet to be tested.

23 minutes ago, nando714 said:

The Angels have played 41 games against teams that are .500 or better (21-20)

to the Mariners 18 (9-9)

like I said. The mariners have yet to be tested.

Yeah, and eventually we will be playing the Crap teams as well........ So, what are you saying nando? I didn't state that they have been tested and truthfully No one has until the ASB..... Any team can fall flat at the drop of a hat it's the MLB.

The law of %'s are if you beat the crap and play .500 or better you will finish at a 65%-75% winning % and that gets you in the Playoffs.

I'd be worried about the sweep against Texas if it was September. Luckily its the beginning of June with much baseball left to be played.

I'm just displeased about the sweep. Not giving up hope yet.

Season ended today we'd be in the post season. How about the Angels?

Honestly more worried about the Astros than the Rangers. 

17 minutes ago, Ender said:

I'd be worried about the sweep against Texas if it was September. Luckily its the beginning of June with much baseball left to be played.

Last year I felt the same. Angels in first, 2 months to go, only worried about Houston

hello Texas. 

You're right. Lots of baseball left 

20 minutes ago, Ender said:

Honestly, you should be more worried about the Rangers.