• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brawl in Texas

With the new rules.  Dirty slide.  Deport his ass and build the wall, as some judge in Texas is probably writing up right now.

Good punch though.  You get in someone's face like that after a now dirty slide, you get what's coming. 

Dirty slide by Bautista.  Odor is a wack job though.   He's that dude we all knew in high school where some random minor thing would happen and all of a sudden the dude is just swinging at people.  It was such a clean shot on Joey because no one in their right mind expects a guy to come out throwin' makers like that.  Honestly though, shame on Joey bats for not recognizing crazy early.  You've always got to be aware of that guy.  Anyone who's been in a team sport fight knows that.  Odor is that guy.  Bautista is kind of dirty but not crazy.  A guy like Donaldson is the one who goes apeshit but doesn't actually do anything.  He's the 'hold me back guy'.  Then you've got your peacemakers who run in and try to break stuff up but you've also got your pseudo peacemakers who start breaking stuff up but then end up in a shoving match as a result.  Then there's the bum rush guy who gets in the middle and just bounces around not really doing anything but making it worse.  My favorite is the guy who is kinda on the periphery but gives the 'don't f with me smile' while someone is kinda holding them back.  About 80% of the crowd is the 'what's up' type.  Standing on the periphery looking kinda tough and if the main pack rolls toward them they start grappling a bit talking some smack but not doing anything.    

Bautista is just as big of a douche. He had a great quote after the game...

"I had a hard slide at second base. I could have injured [Odor, but] I chose not to," Bautista said. "I tried to send a message that I didn't appreciate getting hit [by the pitch]."

So he CHOSE not to injure Odor on the play. Thanks for being such a great guy Bautista. 

I think this has very little to do with the slide and almost everything to do with the bat flip.  

Where Texas is getting hammered by the pundits is for waiting until the final game of the season series to extract revenge.  I'm sure that was by design.  Bautista had to know it was coming sooner or later and they (Rangers) wanted him thinking about it with every plate appearance.  

After Bush plunked him it should have been over.  But Bautista shouted a few things toward the Rangers dugout on his way to first.  Then the slide, which just gave Odor the excuse he was looking for.  Instead of bowing up like a pretend bad-ass Bautista should have been ready because Odor wasn't playing around.

Edited by Yellow Balloon

15 minutes ago, mancini79 said:

nm-F53.gif

What's funny is Bautista is clearly cocking to throw his own punch.  Just gets his punk ass handed to him first. 

And for those that think it was a clean slide.  Last year, would have totally agreed with you.  But the rules have changed as @mancini79 posted.  So definitely dirty slide.