• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brawl in Texas

4 hours ago, Kevin said:

I think it was Brandon, aka Steve Sanders, who said the gayest thing is watching ten guys from each bullpen rush 150 feet to join the fight. I would agree yet love seeing the gayness. 

Don't one judge me.

Good memory.

Yeah, of all sports quirks or what not, the guys running out of the bullpen to stand around is hilarious. It's like a moment to stretch as they lightly jog out of the pen.

Now, if they are coming out to join in the fun, then it becomes more like Royal Rumble, but the dudes that come out because they don't want to be non-team players even though they plan on doing nothing just get in the way.

Oz....great reply. It didn't matter which uniform Freese wore, he killed us at the plate. I remember people on the forum saying he was a defensive liability, but against the Rangers, I hated to see him step into the box. Game six was a killer. As fun as it was to watch Nelson Cruz at bat, he could not go back on a fly ball. If the fielding wasn't bad enough, the PEDs finished it.

Blarg, Odor slid to the inside because that is where the fielder was. Kinda hard to break up a double play sliding away from the guy you are trying to disrupt. I said he was wrong and I stand by my opinion the spike was not intentional. Combine the bad throw with Gia's inability to keep his feet under him and that caused the spike. I doubt you will see the Angels, or anyone else, go after Odor after watching the tape. Not only did he cold cock Bautista, he laid Donaldson out as well. You might actually win an argument occasionally if you would work on your vocabulary. As it is, you just sound like a profane idiot. 

2 hours ago, Chili1957 said:

Blarg, giavotella got spiked because of a crappy throw from freez and because of the late slide. A late slide that was legal last year but still wrong on Odor's part. The late slide was intentional but the spike was not. 

Bautista doesn't have the guts to charge Matt Bush on the mound. He was content to pick on the smallest guy on the team. Bush and Odor are listed as the same size but trust me, it isn't even close. At most, Odor is 5'7" or 5'8". I didn't realize calling someone a douche was such a big thing in California. Is that all ya got? Gets a little redundant. I am guessing language arts was never your strong suit. 

The ball was passed Gia when Odor spiked him.  It was so blatant that Odor actually apologized for it afterwards.   When your guy admits he was a wad, it basically renders your argument moot.   http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/rougned-odor-angels-rangers-slide-apology-video/11ixevpk4q70k1s4knwyiahxph

BTW -- he did the same shit to Joe Panik last year.   Spiking people is pretty much the normal for Odor.

Edited by Inside Pitch

9 minutes ago, Chili1957 said:

Inside Pitch...you might want to read the apology again. 

Sure.... you may want to watch the video again.  Truth it his apology rings hollow, just lip service and not much else -- he'c consistently repeats the behavior, it's who he is.

Dude, you can stop now...  He's on your team, you like him.  That's fine.  But call a spade a spade.  He's a dirty little SOB, and that video makes it clear what his intentions were.   You condoning it is really no different than when some Angels fans looked the other way when K-Rod did his crap after strikeouts.  He was a wad too.  So, feel free to spout off all you want, you're not going to make people believe he's not a twat/douche/whatever -- his actions speak pretty clearly.  

At least he's willing to throw his fists when he acts like one, so props to him.   

Enjoy him all you want.

@Chili1957There was no double play in order. When has a 2nd baseman completed a double play when he is stretched out prone on the ground? The answer is never. The spiking is a targeted attack on his leg, Odor never made any attempt to avoid him in fact " "I didn't see the ball. I was looking at him, not the ball." So he saw his target all the way, saw what position Giavotella was in and made sure he hit the leg with his spikes.

You want some better vocabulary, then bring a better argument about a better person than Rougned Odor.

12 hours ago, Chili1957 said:

Oz27.....a little bitter, are you? Don't you think when the Angels end up with "former Ranger douches" it speaks volumes of your front office? The greatest play of all was when we re-acquired Hamilton. Had our front office not made that move, no way would josh be able to finish that contract. So we spend $1mm a year to make sure our division rivals piss away $75mm. So. We will keep Odor and the Angels can continue to acquire the pantywaists. That way, you won't get your little feelings hurt. Also, I seriously doubt most Angels fans would be all butt hurt if Odor played for the Angels. 

Your take on the Hamilton situation makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You're actually paying him $2 million dollars (not to play) of what we would be paying him if we had kept him. You are getting nothing for that $2M. Also, you are brain dead if you think Hamilton was ever walking away from his contract. 

As for Odor, he's batting in the .270s this year. I don't know what constitutes being on fire in Texas, but that doesn't come close anywhere else in the country.

Oh, speaking of pantywaists, you owe Andrus, Choo and Fielder 1/3 of a BILLION dollars. Their respective BAs are :

... and stop killing our Presidents 

Edited by Lou

This thread is gold.  

Me, I'm sort of ambivalent about the slide itself.    It sure has created talk all around though.   That will happen when one of these bench clearers actually becomes a Royal Rumble (props to Brandon for that one).

Ty Cobb and others did a lot worse back in the day.   I whole heartedly agree that deliberate injuring has no place in the game.   But hard and clean play does.

As I asked earlier, if Utley/Tejada had happened during the season, and not on a big stage like the NLDS, would there even be a new sliding rule?

We should all become the biggest fucking losers and go find whatever the Rangers version of AngelsWin is (Nellie'sPoorD.com or FuckDavidFresse.com) and sign up to give our opinion of Roughned Odor or of his brother Roughned Odor.  

Lou...I never said Hamilton would walk, I said he wouldn't finish the contract. I have no doubt he would screw up enough to void the contract if someone was watching close enough. Moreno was pulling out all the stops to void it before he left and I suspect he would have eventually been able to get that done. I know it is a stretch but it was an interesting perspective when I heard it. Also, point well taken on the contracts. We have our share of bad contracts but I am not sure what that has to do with pantywaists.

For a former players perspective on the whole mess, this is a great video and explains a lot about baseball's "unwritten code."

Zaun commentary

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just posted on Yahoo's page: 8 game suspension for Odor and a $5,000 fine.   No other announcements yet

I figured anywhere from 7 to 10.  With an appeal he might get it down to 5.

Will be interesting to see what Gibbons gets considering this was the second time he's returned to the field after an ejection.  Donaldson too ....one of the most overlooked aspects of the whole thing was how close he came to getting rocked by Odor as well.    

3 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Odor is a punk who has a history of this kind of stuff, going back to his days in the minors. I saw the replays, and there was nothing even remotely out of line about the slide. He got about half the suspension that he deserved.

It was an illegal slide, that's why they ruled it a double play.

30 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The Rangers' AA affiliate, the Frisco Rough Riders, now have named a drink after Odor's punch: Rougie's Red Punch. After all, actions that cause suspensions to be handed down are to be celebrated.

Rangers minor league team has a new drink honoring Rougned Odor's punch

Never let a good marketing opportunity go to waste.  There are still people down here wearing t-shirts of Nolan giving Ventura noogies.  Who the hell drinks red punch at a ballgame anyway?