• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brawl in Texas

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

You guys are so cute. Guys a little batch cause he clocked a dude who got in his grill. Bautista pushed Odor and got in his face any man with any self worth would do the fucking same. Glad to see what kind of men we have on this site. Bunch of pansies. 

Woah, watch out everyone, we have a tough guy here. None of us will ever be as manly as him.

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

You guys are so cute. Guys a little batch cause he clocked a dude who got in his grill. Bautista pushed Odor and got in his face any man with any self worth would do the fucking same. Glad to see what kind of men we have on this site. Bunch of pansies. 

Or people who aren't baseball players and would get arrested and charged with assault if they did the fucking same.

But at least we wouldn't be pussies!

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

watch the video again.  Bautista did his dirty slide, got up and odor was already headed toward him.  Odor got to him, shoved him and then threw a punch. 

Remind me to get a copy of your book.  'The Thug Life:  Talking tough on the internet' by Kevinb

Oh goodness so cute. I love the if someone did this in real life they'd be thrown in prison dude punched him after he got in his face. U know what else ud be thrown in prison for throwing a baseball 100 mph at someone this is sports thin a get heated these guys are the best of the best. Well except pujols. And shit happens get over it. U baseball fans love watching 50 plus year old men scream at each other for 10 minutes with nothing ever changing. Manager vs ump at least something happened here and someone got hit and there was a fight life goes on. Geez sensitive baseball fans here. Lighten up. A punch was thrown a punch landed not the end of the world. 

as i've already said, i fully support the bat flip, the plunking, the slide, the punch, the friggin' whatever. all i want to see is guys playing the game hard, but a couple points.

1. anybody who thinks that wasn't a really nice shot from odor just doesn't know what they're looking at. it's not like he's boom boom mancini.

2. kevinb. just kevinletitbe.

4 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

The more I watch this video ... it looks like Bautista has his hand back first and Odor beat him to the punch. 

They should both get suspended equal time. I must admit that I love this shit. 

This is what I see. Just a series of asshole moves. Odor was trying to take his head off with the throw at his head. Then the "Against the rules" slide by Bautista, though not necessarily that dirty imo.

And as far as the punch, Odor pushed him away, Bautista came back at him with his fist cocked and got tagged good. Odor just landed ahead of him. But man can Jose take a punch. I've seen MMA fighters go down from lesser shots.

On a side note, I gotta respect Donaldson for rushing in and going full boar at Odor. 

I say F all of them. If any of these suspensions help the Angels then that's all I care about.

23 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

watch the video again.  Bautista did his dirty slide, got up and odor was already headed toward him.  Odor got to him, shoved him and then threw a punch. 

Remind me to get a copy of your book.  'The Thug Life:  Talking tough on the internet' by Kevinb

I don't understand how it's thug life. Dude dude didn't shoot him. Didn't rob him. Didn't gang attack him. Didn't do this from the side or back of him when he wasn't looking. Did it square on. 

13 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Oh goodness so cute. I love the if someone did this in real life they'd be thrown in prison dude punched him after he got in his face. U know what else ud be thrown in prison for throwing a baseball 100 mph at someone this is sports thin a get heated these guys are the best of the best. Well except pujols. And shit happens get over it. U baseball fans love watching 50 plus year old men scream at each other for 10 minutes with nothing ever changing. Manager vs ump at least something happened here and someone got hit and there was a fight life goes on. Geez sensitive baseball fans here. Lighten up. A punch was thrown a punch landed not the end of the world. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I don't understand how it's thug life. Dude dude didn't shoot him. Didn't rob him. Didn't gang attack him. Didn't do this from the side or back of him when he wasn't looking. Did it square on. 

I don't think people have a ton of issue with the fight.  I couldn't care less really.  If you think that was what real men do, then I feel sorry for you.  

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

You said "any man of self worth would do the same". That implies that any man, regardless of whether they play baseball or not, would react the same way and punch the dude in the face. Hence why I said that's assault.

It's pretty simple.

I never said anything about what happens on the field. We all know it's a different world. But you're the one who brought real life into it.

Edited by tdawg87

it was against the rules.    But, now that the rule has been in effect for over a month, is the total wording of the rule going overboard?   My first impression is that yes the slide was a little bit later than normal, but still starting right before reaching the base.

Also, had Utley's slide been during the regular season, and not on a bigger stage like the NLDS, would the new rule have been created?

Edited by Angel Oracle

I don't know the wording of the rule but my guess is if you slide late but can stay on the bag (almost impossible) then you're good.  I can only assume that being able to make contact with the bag at the end of your slide has to be a major part of it. 

So..  The Joe Panik spiking, the Gia spiking, yesterday and this one from the minors...  http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/rougned-odor-punches-jose-bautista-minor-league-spokane-indians-051516

LOL..  Why exactly is Odor mad at anyone?   Side note: he seems to have that push/punch move down to a science...

Edited by Inside Pitch

I showed the clip to my nine year old and he loved it. 

btw Bautista's slide was intended to do harm and not just to breakup the DP. He admitted to that ... so it is what it is. 

Last Ranger to punch someone in the face was Nolan Ryan's assault on Robin Ventura. 

I think someone here said it best, earlier, that they deserve each other. Bautista I can't stand, he's cocky (which is fine) but more of a pretentious douchebag. Odor is a dirty PAB (punk-ass-bitch) for some of the stuff he's pulled in the past. 

I will say though, it was a solid punch. It was good to see that some ball players don't hit like 12 year old girls. 

On the subject of the bat flip, at the time I didn't care much for it. There's a bat flip to get under the skin of the opposing pitcher or team, and then there was Bautista's nuclear bat flip middle finger to the Rangers. That was excessive and deserve retribution, like a fastball in the back.