• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brawl in Texas

47 minutes ago, Chimi said:

Bautista is just as big of a douche. He had a great quote after the game...

"I had a hard slide at second base. I could have injured [Odor, but] I chose not to," Bautista said. "I tried to send a message that I didn't appreciate getting hit [by the pitch]."

So he CHOSE not to injure Odor on the play. Thanks for being such a great guy Bautista. 

I'm tired of MLB allowing players to police the game. MLB needs to send a message that retaliation is frowned upon. Odor needs to sit some games for the punch and Bautista also needs a suspension for retaliating (not to mention the slide was dirty).

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Obviously Odor punches like a third grader cuz Bats didn't even look stunned

Except for the part where he stumbled back and Beltre caught him and bear hugged him for the rest of the brawl.

Does anyone have a shot of Donaldson taking a shot from Odor too? I saw it on Facebook, but I'm too lazy to figure out how to post it.

56 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Soon baseball won't even be considered a contact sport any longer. Will be on the same level as golf, table tennis, bowling, and billiards. 

Baseball is a thinking man's game but I have to admit that I miss the aggressive Pete Rose / Ricky Henderson / Nolan Ryan style baseball. Yesterday's pitchers were never on pitch counts. Base stealing was an art that's been lost for years. The catcher blocking the plate was a huge part of the game. The DH is another thing that should've never happened. 

Edited by CALZONE

Fuck Odor. He even tried to hit him in the face with the throw. What a cheap little shit. I'm not even a fan of Bautista but everything Odor did there was a joke. 

On a separate note we should totally hit Odor next time we play for retaliation of something that happened last year

24 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Odor did that exact play to Johnny G and another Angel (earlier this season).  For him to get all bent is funny.  

I don't think he's crazy though.  He displays every symptom of Small Weiner Syndrome.

The difference is Odor didn't bounce back up peacocking in his face with his hands up like Bautista. 

Edited by Troll Daddy

5 minutes ago, HALOS23 said:

Chickenshit for the Rangers to throw at him in last game of the season series. Pussies. I hope Angels drill Odor for last years dirty slide. 

The Rangers just waited to plunk him from Joey's Bat Flip in the playoffs. So he should have expected it and just moved on. Both teams were even. But Joey just couldn't let it be.

**I personally didn't have a problem with his bat flip. But I do understand that players get plunked for actions like that**

It's interesting how it was Matt Bush who started all of it by plunking Bautista in the first place.

That guy really has a knack for creating madness. It was like his 3rd big league game at 30 years old, and just like that, the greatest MLB punch seen in a long time happens.

So...my wife works with the daughter of one of the Rangers' coaches, and she had mentioned that the daughter overheard the coach saying something to the effect of "we'll get him at home" after their series in Toronto last week.

So it was absolutely about the bat flip in the ALDS. I guess they were just waiting until the last possible moment to get him. Of course, it had to be Matt Bush, who just got out of jail a few months ago.

As for the play itself, the slide was dirty. He didn't slide until he was on top of the bag. Odor, the dirty fuck, absolutely clocked him.

Fines and suspensions for both, plus Jesse Chavez, who immediately walked off the field after he plunked Fielder.

John Gibbons will probably also get fined (at least) for coming back on the field after he'd already been thrown out for arguing balls and strikes.