• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Shoemaker claims he has voodoo curse

It really sucks!

I like the kid, he's not injury prone, he goes out there and busts his ass. And in reality overall he doesn't do that bad has been hit by the one inning or a couple of solo homers over the last 2 seasons. 

Right now due to our offensive output our pitching has to be dominate and they haven't been! The only two that right now have been worthy of being in the rotation is Weaver and Trop (But he can't get out of the 6th inning either)... 

Since the Sweep of the Royals all facets of the game have been dog shit wrapped in band aids....

54 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

The only possible explanation is that Shoe was on a banned substance in 2014.

His velocity hasn't dropped at all. In fact it's up a half mph from 2014. His location and stuff aren't the same though. Some really horribly located pitches that get hit hard.

In '14 his split finger fastball was a nice weapon. A true out pitch. Now it just...... goes out.

34 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

What causes the splitter to suddenly flatten out so often?

Or the inverse, what caused it to be so good in 2014?

flying open during the delivery or not staying on top allows it to flatten out~ (Anytime the front should flys open the throwing arm drops and it spins like a frisbee or goes wide right or left or just floats). Flattening out is similar to the term floating it just not a hard downward break.

Shoe hasn't been consistent with his fastball and his slider though either. For a while I thought he was having some shoulder issues or elbow issues. But, since he hasn't missed a start and competes. I believe its just a mechanics issue. His Velo hasn't dropped. its the consistency down in the strike zone. If you remember he owned the bottom half in 2014. And then would come up to change the eye level. He can't do that now cause he's behind in the count. So, the hitter sits back and waits for something up strike or not if you know its going to come eventually or the pitcher is having a problem throwing strikes you can get on top of it!....

You could also explain it the other way.... Hitters need to be aggressive in the zone and not put themselves in bad hitting counts. Also, staying back and not reaching or chasing pitches out of the zone... (Have you watched our games of late)....?

Edited by SlappyUtilityMIF

Mark Gubicza was speculating last night that Shoemaker might be tipping his pitches.  Location, I think.  Saying the Cardinals are known for picking up on such things. Might explain why Shoemaker has been so bad.  I don't think he's a good major leaguer, but even bad pitchers sport an ERA far less than his.