• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Please rate the new forum experience

Chuck

How do you like the new forum?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Please rate the new forum

Question

9 hours ago, Redondo said:

Chuck,

Every time I open a new page I get a drop down window from the toolbar asking if I would like to receive notifications. Is there some way to keep this from happening?

Does it have anything to do with me using Mozilla Firefox?

Thanks

@Redondo check out your notifications on your profile page. http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/notifications/options/

12 minutes ago, HighDesertHaloFan said:

Not sure if I'm on the desktop or mobile site on my phone right now, LOL!

You're on mobile unless you switched your mobile browser to desktop view.

The different is pretty clear. 

In desktop mode you have a menu bar at the top under the logo. In mobile you have three lines that bring you to your account settings, another icon to setup your activity stream and a search icon like below. 

Screenshot_20160505-111417.png

The good news is. Our last version made you switch between mobile and desktop. This does it for you automatically. 

That and you get way more features with this mobile version than the previous one. In the previous mobile version you couldn't posts polls, upload pictures or videos nor could you see any menu navigation links that you could on the desktop.

7 hours ago, Chuck Richter said:

OK, you should now see the search bar, activity streams, content, etc buttons when in mobile now at the top via icons (above the header logo)

Also, I downsized the logo so you can see your message box and notifications icons at the top while in desktop.

I'll get to your other questions/concerns later. 

If you can add custom css I would recommend that you go back to the full size header logo and add try adding this css code.

#elUserNav {
    text-shadow: 0px 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
    top: 0px;
}

#elUserNav > li > a {
    color: rgba(135, 37, 50, 1);
}

It would work even better if you could edit the logo image to include a little extra white space at the top.

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

My recent topics is now spammed with Chucks calendar additions. When will the madness end!

@Blarg You might want to wait until I'm fully down with the entire upgrade before selecting the content that you want to view. 

Because....

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If you can add custom css I would recommend that you go back to the full size header logo and add try adding this css code.

#elUserNav {
    text-shadow: 0px 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
    top: 0px;
}

#elUserNav > li > a {
    color: rgba(135, 37, 50, 1);
}

It would work even better if you could edit the logo image to include a little extra white space at the top.

I do like the full length and width of the original logo, but with it being white and I cannot find a way to move those buttons (Notifications, Create, Message Box & Profile) I'm stuck with having the log the size that it is at this time. @AngelsLakersFan

2 minutes ago, Chuck Richter said:

I do like the full length and width of the original logo, but with it being white and I cannot find a way to move those buttons (Notifications, Create, Message Box & Profile) I'm stuck with having the log the size that it is at this time. @AngelsLakersFan

It looks ok right now. That css code makes the icons / text red and moves it up slightly.

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Mobile seems to work ok on Android with Chrome, better than the old version for sure.

It's much better after I uncovered some mistakes in my upgrade that hid a lot of features for mobile users. 

I love how it has all of the functionality as desktop mode but in a smooth mobile view.

I am using Mozilla Firefox and ever time I open a new page to read a drop down menu appears asking if I want to receive notifications from Angelswin. I then have to click the page to make it go away.

Any way to get rid of this?

7 minutes ago, Redondo said:

I am using Mozilla Firefox and ever time I open a new page to read a drop down menu appears asking if I want to receive notifications from Angelswin. I then have to click the page to make it go away.

Yep, I answered you a page or two earlier. 

8 minutes ago, Redondo said:

All you need to do is click on no. These are browser notification accepting which allows for you to see your notifications even whilst on a different tab in your browser. The chances are you will likely want to click to allow these.